Addresses to check if interested in ham radio

  • w1nra
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
      hummm looks like no-one here but here are a few addresses for hams
      and potential hams to check.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/w1nra

      There are a lot of additional addresses posted at teen ham radio ops
      group.

      Photos posted of 2002 field day at photos w1nra.

      Jerry / W1NRA
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2002
        At 14:04 +0000 03/07/2002, w1nra wrote:
        >hummm looks like no-one here but here are a few addresses for hams
        >and potential hams to check.
        >
        >http://photos.yahoo.com/w1nra

        Hi Jerry--

        The above URL doesn't seem to be connecting. But, thanks for the info
        on the teen hams Group; will post it in the next OCARG EAGLE.
        --
        73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
        Otschodela Council Amateur Radio Group http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 9, 2002
          Hey Fred keep trying as it works everytime I try it.

          http://photos.yahoo.com/w1nra

          YOU CAN LOOK UP ANY HAM OPERATOR AT QRZ.COM BY THEIR CALL OR NAME.
          YOU CAN ALSO LOOK UP CLUBS BY CITY ETC. THERE IS A LOT OF INFO THERE
          FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN AMATEUR RADIO.

          If any of the scouts have a short wave receiver have them listen to
          28.240 for my beacon station. It is transmitting CW or code but I
          explain at my beacon group site how to copy the code using the
          program CWGET.

          Jerry Hemby / W1NRA
        • Fred Stevens K2FRD
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 9, 2002
            At 08:23 +0000 09/07/2002, w1nra wrote:
            >Hey Fred keep trying as it works everytime I try it.
            >
            >http://photos.yahoo.com/w1nra

            Got it that time. I had to go to the Dark Side and use Internet
            Explorer instead of Netscape; curious since Yahoo has never been
            browser-specific until now.

            Is that trailer-van a converted surplus MCC-6 swithboard van?
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 11, 2002
              Not sure what the van was but it was donated to us by the Columbus
              Georgia EMA office. the inside is more or less the same as it was.
              The two generators came with it as did the airconditioning units.
              We (not me but W4DUF, Ted) got it painted and the signs on it then he
              added the antenna rack on top. We got a trucking company to donate us
              the tires with matching wheels and have a trucker who will move it
              for us when it is needed.
              Jerry / W1NRA