K3BSA 2010 JOTA Operation

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 23 4:57 PM
      For the 20th consecutive year, the SPARK Lodge Amateur Radio Club will be operating JOTA from Camp Delmont on the Musser Scout Reservation. Delmont is the home of SPARK Lodge and K3BSA.

      We will be operating all HF bands on SSB. There is a possibility of some CW, and PSK-31. Locally, we will also be operating some VHF and UHF FM voice and possibly some IRLP, Echolink, APRS, or WinLink.

      Please check out our Web site at http://www.k3bsa.org You will also be able to see some Vintage QSL cards that show that our call, many, many, years ago, was used as a special event callsign as was all BSA calls at the time, that our call was used by the Boys' Life Radio Club. Boys' Life is a magazine for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts here in the States. You can also see references to our callsign as it was used by Boys' Life in the following Boys' Life articles:
      References to K3BSA in Boys' Life Magazine
      July 1964 page 3 http://media.boyslife.org/archive/viewer.html?id=HWhA8cruYakC&pg=3&query=k3bsa
      June 1957 page 76 http://media.boyslife.org/archive/viewer.html?id=jsuwk3gy8lwC&pg=76 Look for mention of K3BSA in the "What's a Hamboree" article and in the picture above
      November 1957 page 46 http://media.boyslife.org/archive/viewer.html?id=Xg6dEKlEnr4C&pg=46&query=k3bsa
      July 1957 page 68 http://media.boyslife.org/archive/viewer.html?id=sUZriXDP61sC&pg=68 Look for mention of K3BSA in the "Jubilee Jamboree Ham Station"
      May 1958 page 76 http://media.boyslife.org/archive/viewer.html?id=fxh_4gCLVToC&pg=76 Look for mention of K3BSA in the "Ham Jamboree" article.

      Good Scouting and JOTA to all. We hope to hear you on the air. Please forwad this email to anyone else who you think might be interested. Thanks.

      73,
      Rick, WB3BSA

      P.S. SPARK stands for Scouts Practacing Amateur Radio Knowledge.