JOTA Database

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2003
      We had a great deal of JOTA success as a result of hams who
      registered their JOTA event. I would like to encourage you to do it
      again. Creating this database makes it much easier for others to
      find JOTA activities near them.

      Please register your JOTA activity at
      http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/youthskeds/ Click on "add a sked
      listing." Click "JOTA" and enter your information.

      As I get requests, I will point them to that page so please register
      ASAP. (You can set the expiration for the day after JOTA (October
      20. (Don't forget to change the year to 2003) Please consider
      inviting boy scouts and girl scouts. I know this will help many more
      scouting groups participate in JOTA 2003.

      Thanks for your help.

      Jean Wolfgang, WB3IOS
      ARRL Field & Educational Services
    • Gary Wilson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2003
        --- In scoutradio@yahoogroups.com, "Jean" <jwolfgang@a...> wrote:
        > We had a great deal of JOTA success as a result of hams who
        > registered their JOTA event. I would like to encourage you to do
        it
        > again. Creating this database makes it much easier for others to
        > find JOTA activities near them.

        In addition, don't forget to promote JOTA at local gatherings of
        Scout leaders. In the US, this takes two forms:

        1. In June or the summer months, most Boy Scout Councils conduct
        a "Program Kickoff" for their adult leaders. There they get ideas of
        events for their troops to include in their calendar of activities.

        Hams should prepare an interesting display of Amateur Radio
        equipment, JOTA patches and give out flyers explaining who to contact
        locally about participating in JOTA. The Delaware Valley Radio
        Association (W2ZQ) has done this for a number of years at the Central
        New Jersey Council's kick-off. We will be doing it again on June 14th
        this year. Contact your local Boy Scout council to participate.

        2. Make sure you also hand out the local flyers at the
        September "District Rountable". These monthly meetings of the adult
        leaders from all the troops in your area are a great way to get
        message out again.

        This way you can get your message to dozens of troops at a time!

        73

        Gary Wilson, K2GW
        Former District Roundtable Commissioner
        DVRA PIO
      • Jean
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9 9:00 AM
          We had a great deal of JOTA success as a result of hams who
          registered their JOTA event. I would like to encourage you to do it
          again. Creating this database makes it much easier for others to
          find JOTA activities near them.

          Please register your JOTA activity at
          http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/youthskeds/ Click on "add a sked
          listing." Click "JOTA" and enter your information.

          As I get requests, I will point them to that page so please register
          ASAP. (You can set the expiration for the day after JOTA (October
          20.) Please consider inviting boy scouts and girl scouts. I know this