Field Day 2003

  • Michael Grow
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2003
      This year our troop is planning a Field Day outing, and inviting
      other troops from our council to join us. We'll be operating from the
      Rim of the World High School at Lake Arrowhead, California.

      We will be offering a Radio Merit Badge course the weekend preceding,
      and having the Scouts get their "on-the-air" requirement during Field
      Day.

      We plan to operate one station on the standard US JOTA frequencies,
      and would like to set up a schedule with any other Scouts
      participating in Field Day.

      The call signs will be W6MOT, and KF6QED for the GOTA station.

      73's
      Michael Grow – KD6OJV
      Scoutmaster, Troop 89
      Lake Arrowhead, CA
    • Bob Bruninga
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2003
        On Mon, 12 May 2003, Michael Grow wrote:

        > This year our troop is planning a Field Day outing,...
        > We will be offering a Radio Merit Badge course the weekend preceding,
        > [kids day]...

        > and would like to set up a schedule with any other Scouts
        > participating in Field Day.

        All APRS I-gates are supposed to pass the TOCALL of SCOUTS. So if are on
        the air and have APRS with you, send a message to "SCOUTS" announcing y
        our operations and it will go worldwide to anyone monitoring aprS live...

        BOb