Re: [Scoutradio] Agree: Simply Do PSK31 on 14.070

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2003
      At 10:04 -0400 22/04/2003, ray@... wrote:
      >I agree, Lets simply do PSK31 on 14.070... its
      >more interesting to the scouts, and it fits the
      >band plan.
      >There is plenty of room elsewhere for CW
      >for those (few) who make it a part of the programs.

      This is probably the way its gonna evolve anyway. The main thrust
      should be, however, to forestall a future conflict between JOTA CW
      and PSK31 by officially changing the JOTA CW frequency. It's far to
      easy for a CW operator to overlook the weak PSK31 signals and carry
      on a QSO on top of them without even realizing he's interfering.

      FWIW, I work both CW and PSK31 although I've switched to PSK for JOTA.

      --
      73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Otschodela Council (BSA) Amateur Radio Group KZ2BSA: