RE: [Scoutradio] Digest Number 367

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2003
      At 09:55 -0400 22/04/2003, <PA3GVR@...> wrote:
      >Hi all,
      >
      >I don't want to get in to the whole CW VS PSK31 discussion.

      That was just a side QSO, but it does illustrate the growing
      popularity of PSK31.

      >The JOTA is organized by the World JOTA Organizer (WJO, PA3BAR) with the
      >National JOTA Organizers (NJO).
      >Like Richard mentions in his reply he contacted some NJOs and they did not
      >indicated that there were problems.

      Agreed: during the 2002 JOTA, there were no significant problems.
      However, the point of this discussion is that any problems should be
      precluded before they happen and, sooner or later, there WILL be a
      major conflict between JOTA CW and PSK31 operators. Such a conflict
      will result in a negative impression of JOTA, the World Scouting
      Organization, and the Boy Scouts of America. This situation
      necessitates an official change in the JOTA CW frequency on 20 meters.

      <snip>

      >So if more HAMs think this is becoming a problem, organize and contact your
      >NJO!

      Good advice.

      For the United States, "Moyer, Ray WD8JKV" <mailto:RMoyer@...>

      --
      73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Otschodela Council (BSA) Amateur Radio Group KZ2BSA: