Agree: Simply Do PSK31 on 14.070

  • ray@sirois.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2003
      I agree, Lets simply do PSK31 on 14.070... its
      more interesting to the scouts, and it fits the
      band plan.
      There is plenty of room elsewhere for CW
      for those (few) who make it a part of the programs.

      73,
      Ray Sirois N1RY
      WJ0TA
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2003
        At 10:04 -0400 22/04/2003, ray@... wrote:
        >I agree, Lets simply do PSK31 on 14.070... its
        >more interesting to the scouts, and it fits the
        >band plan.
        >There is plenty of room elsewhere for CW
        >for those (few) who make it a part of the programs.

        This is probably the way its gonna evolve anyway. The main thrust
        should be, however, to forestall a future conflict between JOTA CW
        and PSK31 by officially changing the JOTA CW frequency. It's far to
        easy for a CW operator to overlook the weak PSK31 signals and carry
        on a QSO on top of them without even realizing he's interfering.

        FWIW, I work both CW and PSK31 although I've switched to PSK for JOTA.

        --
        73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
        Otschodela Council (BSA) Amateur Radio Group KZ2BSA: