RE: [Scoutradio] Digest Number 367

  • PA3GVR@amsat.org
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 22, 2003
      Hi all,

      I don't want to get in to the whole CW VS PSK31 discussion.

      The JOTA is organized by the World JOTA Organizer (WJO, PA3BAR) with the
      National JOTA Organizers (NJO).
      Like Richard mentions in his reply he contacted some NJOs and they did not
      indicated that there were problems.

      The NJOs are the contacts for WOSM, the local communications authorities
      (like the FCC in the USA), the local Amateur Radio Associations and the
      Scout organizations. If this issue (or anything else) becomes a problem then
      you have to bring it to the attention of your NJO. The NJO can contact the
      organizations involved and other JOTA groups in your country to see if this
      is really a big problem and then address this issue with the WJO and other
      NJOs.
      The NJO has more influence then you might have.

      So if more HAMs think this is becoming a problem, organize and contact your
      NJO!

      For a list of NJOs see the last pages of the world JOTA rapport.
      http://www.home.zonnet.nl/worldscout/Jota/library.htm

      CU Sjaak KG4PVX / PA3GVR
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 22, 2003
        At 09:55 -0400 22/04/2003, <PA3GVR@...> wrote:
        >Hi all,
        >
        >I don't want to get in to the whole CW VS PSK31 discussion.

        That was just a side QSO, but it does illustrate the growing
        popularity of PSK31.

        >The JOTA is organized by the World JOTA Organizer (WJO, PA3BAR) with the
        >National JOTA Organizers (NJO).
        >Like Richard mentions in his reply he contacted some NJOs and they did not
        >indicated that there were problems.

        Agreed: during the 2002 JOTA, there were no significant problems.
        However, the point of this discussion is that any problems should be
        precluded before they happen and, sooner or later, there WILL be a
        major conflict between JOTA CW and PSK31 operators. Such a conflict
        will result in a negative impression of JOTA, the World Scouting
        Organization, and the Boy Scouts of America. This situation
        necessitates an official change in the JOTA CW frequency on 20 meters.

        <snip>

        >So if more HAMs think this is becoming a problem, organize and contact your
        >NJO!

        Good advice.

        For the United States, "Moyer, Ray WD8JKV" <mailto:RMoyer@...>

        --
        73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
        Otschodela Council (BSA) Amateur Radio Group KZ2BSA: