RE: [Scoutradio] Digest Number 363

  • Wilson, Gary [OMP]
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 19, 2003
      RE: [Scoutradio] Digest Number 363

      Actually, when Jim Haynie was describing the concept of the videos at Dayton last year, he indicated that he'd eventually like a series of three short videos that you can use as an introduction to a conversation or demonstration.

      This first one was something that can be used to introduce the importance of Amateur Radio to legislators and public safety folks as part of a fifteen minute appointment which is all you usually get on Capitol Hill.  The eventual second one  will have a slant towards introducing the educational aspects to educators a part of the Big Project.  The final one would be emphasizing the fun activities to kids and the general public.

      So stay tuned.

      73

      Gary Wilson, K2GW

                 From: steve boylan <boylan@...>

      Message: 1
         Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:00:46 -0500
         From: steve boylan <boylan@...>
      Subject: Re: Amatuer Radio Today Video

      Tom wrote:

      > Thanks for the link.  It is a nice video at least for us who know who
      > Cronkite is.

      Actually, my six-year-old knows the name Walter Cronkite:  he's the voice
      of Ben Franklin on "Liberty's Kids", a PBS show telling stories from the
      American Revolution.  Other voice talents:  Billy Crystal as John Adams,
      Dustin Hoffman as Benedict Arnold, and General H. Norman Schwarzkopf (no,
      I'm NOT kidding) as Colonel Clark.

      Though I agree the ARRL video is not aimed at kids!

                                      - - Steve, KE1KF