Feb 1 & 2

  • Mark Flanagan <markf@cshore.com>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
      Going winter camping with my Boy Scout troop this weekend. Goona
      set up portable - FT-817 (5 watts) and vertical antenna. Listen on
      HFPack freqs, mostly 18.1575 MHz.

      Mark
      k1mkf
    • Rob McKnight
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
        Hi Mark (& all),
        Sounds like fun, although winter camping in the states usually means snow.
        Meanwhile, here in Oz we're having 90 - 100"F Summer days.....

        Will keep in ear on that frequency from over the pond on my IC-751 & FT-817, but 5 watts from your end might be a bit of a push!....
        Keep the batteries charged, you never know....

        Kind Regards,
        Rob McKnight
        VK2MT
        Cub Scout Leader - Balgownie (Wollongong, NSW)

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2003
          Hello:
          I will also be scout/ham camping this weekend at the
          US Air Force Academy. I will try 18.1575 also, and look
          for you mid-day Saturday.
          73,
          Chris Kelly (K0PF)
          Loveland, CO