Re: [Scoutradio] Re: Jamboree Coming up

  • Willem J. van Dam
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 22, 2002
      Hi All,

      I had my suitcases packed and I was ready to go and operate E20AJ...........
      Due to circumstances I am not able to go to Thailand, so I will keep
      everybody posted from this end.

      At 07:09 PM 12/21/2002 +0000, you wrote:
      >Hi Ray, et al,
      >
      >Don't know about eLink; however, the Jamboree ScoutRadio web site is:
      >http://www.qsl.net/e20aj/
      >
      >This site will list their equipment complement, some photos, maybe
      >some live audio/video, frequencies, etc.

      I will update the web site the following days.
      There is a ARISS contact scheduled. This contact will be broadcasted live
      on the Internet. I will post the address later.
      As far as frequencies go, WARC band are not permitted in Thailand and the
      E20AJ licence definitely does not permit it.
      E20AJ will try to stick to the scout frequencies +/- QRM.
      Please keep in mind E20AJ is NOT a contest station, but a demonstration
      station. Expect scouts with questions when you contact E20AJ. From time to
      time E20AJ might change into "contest-mode" to satisfy a part of the HAM
      community out there. But once more ...... expect contacts to last 10
      minutes or more!!!!

      >Their list of "International" Scout radio frequencies isn't 100%
      >consistent with the list at
      >http://www.home.zonnet.nl/worldscout/Jota/frequencies.htm

      Sorry, I had an old list...

      >The 20th World Scout Jamboree web site is:
      >http://www.worldscoutjamboree20.org/
      >
      >73, Frank KR1ZAN
      >kr1zan@...
      >Garland, TX

      De Sjaak van Dam KG4PVX / PA3GVR
    • Willem J. van Dam
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 22, 2002
        Hi all,

        At 11:29 AM 12/21/2002 -0800, you wrote:
        Hello all,

          My son will be attending the Jamboree, would like to know if there is any information on QSL cards.

        The QSL cards are printed. I will have an example up on www.qsl.net/e20aj some time next week.

        Do they have a manager, or will any cards be available?

        QSL will go via the Thai QSL buro. Khun Champ E21EIC is the new RAST QSL Bureau manager for Thailand and he has offered to handle the outgoing and incoming cards for E20AJ.

        Also, have not been listening to Asia lately, what frequencies and times are best for the Jamboree.

        I can't help you out there I hope some one on this list can give us a clue.....
        E20AJ will try to stay up and around the Scout Frequencies.
        E20AJ will start setting up on the 23rd and will test the equipment every so often. The official program is from the 28th to the 8th. E20AJ will try to be on the air 24/7 but conditions and sleep might limit the operation times. Thailand is EST +12 or GMT +7.

          Hope all can participate.

        I was planning on going to Thailand but.............
        I will try to make contact with them each day of operation before and after going to work.

          John Miers
          T343 San Francisco
           AB6XV

        CU :-) Sjaak, KG4PVX / PA3GVR
      • kr1zan <kr1zan@arrl.net>
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 21, 2002

          --- In scoutradio@yahoogroups.com, ray@s... wrote:
          > I've got my antennas all ready and
          > pointed to Thailand for the Jamboree
          > starting next week.
          >
          > Anyone know if they have some eLink
          > planned?
          >
          > Ray-N1RY
          > WJ0TA
        • jmier7
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 21, 2002
            Hello all,

              My son will be attending the Jamboree, would like to know if there is any information on QSL cards. Do they have a manager, or will any cards be available? Also, have not been listening to Asia lately, what frequencies and times are best for the Jamboree.
              Hope all can participate.

              John Miers
              T343 San Francisco
               AB6XV