Re: [Scoutradio] Connector Help Needed

  • SER118@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2002
      Martin,

      Just wanted to echo Scott's advice - no special tool is usually needed.

      Also, wondered if you'd considered something less expensive and easier to use, such as LMR-400 or 9913?  Or maybe you have a specific requirement for the heliax.  Also might mention that Cablewave Systems makes a cable almost identical to Andrew and their connectors are much easier to put on usually.  Actually, their connectors can be used with Heliax as well.

      Good luck,

      Steve Riddle, W4SER
      Radio Engineer, NC Forest Service
    • Martin A. Flynn
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 20, 2002
        Scott & Steve,
        I never dealt with either product before. Plenty of UTP and twinax
        though. We are using the Andrew product as we acquired a bunch of it from
        an AMPS cell site de-install. Most of the connectors will be re-used
        though did order new heat shrink & silicone grease.

        Martin