Re: find a f*** buddy...

  • Jon Pearl
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 28, 2002
      Happy Thanksgiving - I think ; )

      I'm working off of my laptop at the fire station this evening, so
      this is the first time I've had to check email today.

      The list is 'open' to all - so for more than 900 emails to run
      through this list and just now have this occur, I feel that we've
      been pretty lucky not to have seen more spam of this nature.

      The sender has been deleted from the list and the message with the
      offensive word no longer exists on the server.

      We've taken the measure to limit the use of our files area in the
      past to stop spammers from leaving 'gems' for us to read. The
      growing trend seems to be toward new member 'moderation' where the
      email sent by the new member is held in the 'sin bin' until the
      owner/moderator can view and then pass the message.

      Something to think about...

      I hope everyone has had a fantastic Thanksgiving. I know that
      although I'm working today, it's been a great one for me as can be
      judged by he copious amounts of food dropped by the station by
      friends and total strangers.

      Fraternally,

      Jon Pearl W4ABC