JOTA feedback from ARRL

  • Jean
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2002
      Thank you to everyone who participated in JOTA 2002 and completed a
      survey. I have received more ARRL JOTA surveys than in any given
      year since it has been on the web. (1998) My goal is to receive at
      least one survey from every state! I haven't received any from DE,
      HI, ID, MS, MT, NE, ND, SD, UT, VT, and WY.

      Also I was looking around at the Council web sites. I have yet to
      find any with links to JOTA or JOTA on their calendar. So, if you
      want your Council or District to be more aware of ham radio and/or
      JOTA perhaps you can ask them to add a link or two to their sites.

      Here is the email I have sent to a few councils. You may feel free
      to send this on my behalf.

      I wondered why there is no mention of Jamboree on the Air on the ?????
      (add the name of the council or district) web page. This has been a
      BSA event for 45 years involving scouts around the world. It is an
      opportunity for scout (regardless of age or sex) to talk to other
      scouts around the world using amateur radio. Last year more that
      4,000 young scouts participated in the USA alone. For more
      information, please visit http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/#scout or
      http://www.scouting.org/international/jota.html

      If anyone participated in JOTA 2002 please complete the ARRL JOTA
      survey at http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/jotalog/

      These surveys help BSA and ARRL (American Radio Relay League) see the
      growth in this event and what it needed to continue this growth.

      Please consider adding links about JOTA to this and other Scouting
      sites. Please send any questions to jwolfgang@... .

      Jean Wolfgang, WB3IOS
      ARRL Educational Programs Coordinator