K3BSA and the 45th Jamboree-on-the-Air

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2002
      Greetings,

      K3BSA will be on the air this weekend for JOTA. We will be
      operating from our home station at Camp Delmont on the Musser Scout
      Reservation. K3BSA is a permanent amateur radio station at the Camp.
      We will be hosting Cub Scout, Boy Scouts, Venturers (Rover aged scouts)
      and Explorers of the Cradle of Liberty Council, BSA. We will also have
      a few units joining us from a few of the surrounding councils.
      We will be operating, single sideband and cw, on 40, 20, 17, 15
      and 10 meters. We will also operate PSK on 20, and will hopefully be on
      the World wide packet radio converse. We also hope to send and answer
      messages on the local packet bbs. Most of the replies will go via a
      satellite gateway.
      We may operate other bands as well. We will qsl 100% of our
      contacts via the bureau and direct if requested. Our QSL manager is
      K3JLK.
      If you would like to see our station and some of the operators,
      just visit our web site at http://www.k3bsa.org
      Remember, our call is, Kilo THREE Boy Scouts America,
      K3BSA not K2BSA.

      73, Good Scouting and have a great JOTA weekend,

      Rick, WB3BSA
      JOTA Organizer for K3BSA and the Cradle of Liberty Council, BSA