JOTA schedule, Confluence, PA (HF and SSTV)

  • n0vlr@arrl.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2002
      Boy Scout Troop 1005 from Washington, PA will be hosting the 2nd.Year
      WEBELOS from Pack 1005 (also from Washington, PA) on a two night, three day
      camping adventure at the ARMY Corps of Engineers campground in Confluence,
      PA.

      As a highlight of the weekend the Wireless Association of South Hills,
      will have a remote Amateur Radio station at the camp site for participation
      in scoutings Jamboree-on-the-Air (JOTA). Some scouts have already expressed
      interest in starting their RADIO merit badge and this may be the "spark"
      that they need to get started.

      The operating schedule is as follows:
      FRIDAY EVENING
      10:00 pm to 11:00 pm
      80 meters 3.740 / 3.940 MHz

      SATURDAY MORNING
      11:00 am to NOON
      20 meters 14.290 MHz

      SATURDAY AFTERNOON
      4:00 pm to 5:00 pm
      40 meters 7.270 MHz

      SATURDAY EVENING
      8:00 pm to 9:00 pm
      Possible if enough interest 10:00 pm to 11:00 pm
      15 meters 21.360 MHz
      20 meters 14.290 MHz

      We will be primarily on phone(HF-SSB) - but may switch to SSTV on 14.250
      (with other scout troops meeting there as well).
      because of our "Death Valley-like" location, we will not attempt VHF or UHF.

      Check your favorite DX cluster(www.eham.net) for latest spot info for N3SH

      Hope to hear you on the bands

      73

      Paul, N0VLR, President