Re: [Scoutradio] JOTA and third party traffic

  • Malcolm - G4CXT
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2002
      Point taken! Time for a bit of bilateral updating I think!

      Most UK stations will be operating with a GB prefix in any case, but you
      may hear some with GX or other letters which represent club callsigns being
      used at special events, GS in Scotland, and at least one will operate as GN
      from Northern Ireland!

      Malcolm

      G4CXT & GB4WDS

      At 19:57 11/10/02, you wrote:
      >I just checked the FCC web site
      >(http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/amateur/about/intoperating.html) and they
      >don't show any changes. It may be OK from the UK but it's not OK from the
      >US.
      >
      >73 de AC7EW
      >Kelly
    • McGlen
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 11, 2002
        TO: Malcolm G4 CXT

        I agree.

        We are City of Sunderland RAYNET Group who operate our own call sign of G0
        SRG (Sunderland Raynet Group) in the North East of England.

        However every year for the Sunderland Scouts in October and for the
        Sunderland Guides in February we operate GX0 SRG. This is a fully
        registered special event call sign and should be recognised as such. It
        does not need GB in the title to meet the regulations.

        We do allow both scouts and guides to transmit ' greetings messages' under
        the supervision of a qualified amateur licence holder.

        We will be looking for contacts across the world and the scouts and guides
        gain tremendous pleasure and achievement from speaking to their colleagues
        from other countries.

        I do consider that every encouragement should be given to ensuring that the
        necessary regulations take into account the nature of the event and that it
        is in the safe hand of qualified amateurs.

        Keep up the good work in supporting the youth organisations.

        Regards,
        Eric G6INK
        end.
        This e-mail may be confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected
        in law. Unauthorised disclosure or copying of any or all of it may be
        unlawful. If you receive this e-mail in error please contact the sender and
        delete the message. Outgoing mail is certified 'Virus Free'.

        ---
        Eric's outgoing mail is certified 'Virus Free'.