Lost Mail

  • Jon Pearl W4ABC
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 1999
      I'm glad to see so many people interested in the hobby from the Scouting
      movement perspective. I guess I need to send out an SOS of the same nature,
      about every quarter.

      I know a couple of you asked a question or two in private emails to me, but
      I have found myself rebuilding my email program, so I have lost my most
      recent mail. One of the question's pertained to whether or not I would be
      participating in this year's JOTA. In our Council, (West Central Florida
      Council BSA) we typically have a council encampment every two years. In the
      off years (this is one) the individual districts hold their camporee's, and
      the "Skyway District" will be swatting mosquitoes, deep in the woods.

      I personally will not be operating any JOTA on the assigned weekend as we
      will be in the "Green Swamp" area of west central Florida for the weekend,
      working with the troops on "Wilderness Survival Merit Badge." I was asked
      if I would bring along my gear, but as I am one of four MB counselors that
      is doing the First Aid round-robin, and one of two supervising the overall
      First Aid Plan for the encampment, there will be little time for radio,
      sorry to say.

      Glad to see new folks on the list.

      If there are lurker's on the list that need some questions answered about
      how to get into Amateur Radio, or where to buy the books, or magazines, make
      some noise. I am sure you will get ten different answers from ten different
      people, but it's just that diverse a hobby.

      73, Jon Pearl W4ABC

      >>>-------->Scout Sertoma's>>>-------->
      "West Central Florida ScoutRadio Network"
      Delivering the PROMISE 24 Hours a day!
      Building an Amateur Radio System for Scouting families -
      Scouters, and the friends of Scouting!
      ================== WA4BSA ===================
      Pinellas St. Petersburg - 145.470 MHz pl 127.3 Hz Online!
      Dunedin HUB - 145.210 MHz pl 127.3 Hz Online!
      Dunedin HUB - 444.750 MHz pl 127.3 Hz Online!
      Seminole/Largo area --------- Future Plans
      Pasco Holiday area --------------------- Future Plans
      Hernando Sandhill Scout Reservation - Future Plans
      "Values" and "Character Building"
      for the next millennium's newest leaders.

      "BE PREPARED"

      Scout Sertoma is a 501 (c) (3) charity.
      Donations gladly accepted.