Re: [Scoutradio] JOTA Help for NFL

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2002
      She should call her Scout council and talk to the Scout executive.  The International Division of the BSA sent a letter to all Scout executives telling them that they should tell all of the units in their council about JOTA.  I was priviledged to a copy of this very letter.  They also sent each council a supply of the JOTA brochures.  Seems very odd that they could say that they do not know anything about it.  I do not know how far K4BOY is from her, but it is worth trying.

      73,
      Rick WB3BSA

      Jean wrote:

       I just had a call from a women in FL.  She would like her 2 children
      (young scouts) to participate in JOTA.  However it appears the scout
      council she is in has no idea what JOTA is!  Her zip code is 34420,
      and she said she would be willing to drive an hour or so to
      participate in JOTA.  Perhaps you can consider inviting them to your
      shack or your planned JOTA event.

      If anyone can help her, please send me email. (jwolfgang@...) I
      will give you her phone number so you can contact her.

      Thanks

      Jean