Re: [Scoutradio] Pack Meeting Radio Demo

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 12, 2002
      I think I remember this happening before and that they got money to get
      them reprinted. So now the question is, will they be getting the Archie
      Comics reprinted in the future?

      73,
      Rick WB3BSA

      Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:

      > I just learned today from the ARRL that the Archie comics are no
      > longer available. If anyone has them stockpiled, be advised that's
      > all you get.
      >
      > 73 and YIS de Fred
      > K2FRD
      >
      > At 21:42 -0400 11/09/2002, RStone1221@... wrote:
      > >
      > >Also, see if your local ham club has:
      > >
      > >-any of the ARRL ham comic books (I think they're Archie).
      >
      > --
      > 73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
      > Chenango Co. (NY) Assistant Emergency Coordinator
      > Foothills District, Otschodela Council BSA Committees
      > Otschodela Council Amateur Radio Group
      > http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
      > K2FRD Personal Adventure page:
      > http://www.ascent.net/thefred/K2FRD.htm
      > Fred's newest toy: http://www.ascent.net/thefred/M1911A1.htm .
      > Subscribe to the OCARG EAGLE monthly Scouting/Ham Radio newsletter
      > (no cost, no spam):
      > Send email to: mailto:thefred@... .
      > For a narrative of my VO2/K2FRD Labrador DXpediton:
      > http://www.wpe.com/~oarc/news/page5.html .
      >
      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > http://www.ontargetbsa.org/

      > Visit the "Adventure Radio Society"
      > http://www.natworld.com/ars/
      >
      > ScoutRadio start page:

    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 12, 2002
        I asked the same question and the League told me that there were no
        plans at this time for any future production.

        73 de Fred
        K2FRD

        --
        73 de Fred Stevens K2FRD
        Otschodela Council Amateur Radio Group http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
        K2FRD Personal Adventure page: http://www.ascent.net/thefred/K2FRD.htm
        Fred's newest toy: http://www.ascent.net/thefred/M1911A1.htm .
        Subscribe to the OCARG EAGLE monthly Scouting/Ham Radio newsletter
        (no cost, no spam):
        Send email to: mailto:thefred@... .
        For a narrative of my VO2/K2FRD Labrador DXpediton:
        http://www.wpe.com/~oarc/news/page5.html .
      • Carter J Wood
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 13, 2002
          We remember 'Archie', but the present generation of
          Cub Scouts has never heard of him. Maybe a comic
          strip that is known to them would have more effect.
          Don't know what that would be, can't see 'Spong Bob'
          has a ham.

          Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
          http://news.yahoo.com
        • wa6lbu@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 13, 2002
            If it were upto my wife it would be the Animaniacs

            Clay

            <<