Scout Spectacular Demo

  • Jon Pearl W4ABC
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 18, 1999
      Notice: Some of you, may be seeing this message a total of +ACI-3+ACI- times.

      scoutradio+AEA-k4ksa.org
      scoutradio+AEA-onelist.com
      cars+AEA-k4ksa.org

      It's a GO+ACE- The Scouting Spectacular at the Harborview in downtown
      Clearwater, on Saturday the 27th of March (All Day).
      All Amateurs are invited to come and operate, view some of the very best in
      Scoutcraft
      or just come by and lend a hand in our demonstration.

      Lot's of Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts, Explorer's, Adult Leaders
      and Scouting families and their friends will be in attendance. Even if you
      don't wish to operate, you can certainly answer questions from the crowd.

      Your qualifications? - Amateur Radio Operator. You don't need to be a
      Doctor, a Lawyer or an Indian Chief. They don't care how much money you
      have in your pocket, or what kind of car you drive. These boys are just
      looking for someone to show them the way. Someone who is willing to sit
      down and talk to them, about a hobby that has been good to each and every
      one of us.

      Did you know...

      that for every 100 boys who become Scouts, it must be confessed that thirty
      will drop out in their first year. Perhaps this may be regarded as a
      failure, but in later life all of these will remember that had been Scouts,
      and will speak well of the program.

      that for every 100 Scouts, only rarely will one appear before a juvenile
      court judge.

      twelve of the 100 will be from families that belong to no church. Through
      Scouting, these twelve and many of their families will be brought into
      contact with a church and will continue to be active, all of their lives.
      That six of the 100 will become pastors.

      that each of the 100 will learn something from Scouting. Almost 'all' will
      develop hobbies that will add interest throughout the rest of their lives.

      that approximately one-half will serve in the military, and in varying
      degrees profit from their Scout training.

      THAT AT LEAST ONE WILL USE IT TO SAVE ANOTHER PERSON'S LIFE AND MANY WILL
      CREDIT IT WITH SAVING THEIR OWN+ACE-

      that four out of the one the 100 will reach Eagle rank, and at least one
      will later say that he valued his Eagle above his college degree. Many will
      find their future vocation through merit badge work and Scouting contacts.
      Seventeen of the 100 boys will later become Scout leaders and will give
      leadership to thousands of additional boys.

      that only one in four boys in America will become Scouts, but in is
      interesting to know that of the leaders in this nation, in business,
      religion and politics, three out of the four were Scouts.

      'nuff said... you know where I'm coming from.

      +ACoAKgAq-NEWS+ACoAKgAq-

      I received three boxes from Kenwood today.

      I guess they thought we would appreciate some sales brochures, so they sent:

      200 TH-Q71A

      200 TM-Q707A

      200 VC-H1

      200 TS-570D/S

      500 INTRO TO AMATEUR RADIO (MISSING, I will call Kenwood)

      500 FREQUENCY CHARTS

      3 VC-H1 VIDEO'S +ACoAKgAq-

      3 TH-D7A VIDEO'S +ACoAKgAq-

      6 Amateur Radio +ACI-Make a Personal Connection+ACI- packages. (6 X +ACQ-40)

      They contain the following:

      License manual - PC Windows Training Software - Amateur Radio Primer (have
      to tear open a box and make copies) - Frequency Charts - How to get on the
      air guide.

      Still no word as to whether we are going to be the recipients of any loaner,
      VC-H1's or TH-D7A's. The Sproul's will be out on the left coast this
      weekend, doing an APRS demonstration, and Paul (K2SEC) was nice enough to
      e-mail them, and ask them to apply a little pressure on our behalf so that
      we can get the equipment in ours hands. Kenwood has the stuff, but we have
      to shake it loose. I figure at the very least, the units that the Sproul's
      will be using this weekend are already 'in house' and there is no reason for
      them (Kwd) to wait for 'other' loaner units to return before shipping them
      out to us.

      Dan (W4BNC) is waiting for some literature from Alinco. Dan also has a
      surprise that will make a few boys happy. I think we're going to have to go
      by 'Office Depot' and pick up a roll of raffle tickets. Dan tells me that
      he is about to send out an e-mail to all who wish to attend the Scouts
      Spectacular on the 27th. I think at that time he will be asking what each
      of you will be willing to bring for equipment. I know it's nice to operate
      what you are used to. I have taken my trusty Icom IC-751 to plenty of Scout
      weekends.

      More to follow.

      For Dan (W4BNC) and myself Jon (W4ABC)

      Yours in Scouting +ACY- Amateur Radio
    • Neil Lauritsen
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 23, 1999
        I am planning on bringing a KNWD TS-870 and my Pentium II computer with 17+ACI-
        monitor and can download SSTV but have not got the send prt worked out to my
        satisfaction.. Would also like to find a decent picture I can use as one to
        send out.

        73,
        Neil, W4NHL
        EC Pinellas Co FL ARES
        Deputy Radio Officer,
        Pinellas Co FL ACS
        ICQ UIN+ACM- 255437

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 23, 1999
          Neil, W4NHL
          EC Pinellas Co FL ARES
          Deputy Radio Officer,
          Pinellas Co FL ACS
          ICQ UIN+ACM- 255437

          From: +ACI-Jon Pearl W4ABC+ACI- w4abc+AEA-gte.net

          Notice: Some of you, may be seeing this message a total of +ACI-3+ACI- times.

          scoutradio+AEA-k4ksa.org
          scoutradio+AEA-onelist.com
          cars+AEA-k4ksa.org

          Add a fourth, W3BLW is also forwarding it via the METRO list
        • Jon Pearl W4ABC
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 23, 1999
            From: Neil Lauritsen scout+AEA-gte.net
            To: scoutradio+AEA-onelist.com scoutradio+AEA-onelist.com
            Date: Tuesday, March 23, 1999 2:03 PM
            Subject: +AFs-scoutradio+AF0- Re: Scout Spectacular Demo

            From: +ACI-Neil Lauritsen+ACI- scout+AEA-gte.net

            Neil, W4NHL
            EC Pinellas Co FL ARES
            Deputy Radio Officer,
            Pinellas Co FL ACS
            ICQ UIN+ACM- 255437

            +AD4APg- From: +ACI-Jon Pearl W4ABC+ACI- w4abc+AEA-gte.net
            +AD4APg-
            +AD4APg- Notice: Some of you, may be seeing this message a total of +ACI-3+ACI- times.
            +AD4APg-
            +AD4APg- scoutradio+AEA-k4ksa.org
            +AD4APg- scoutradio+AEA-onelist.com
            +AD4APg- cars+AEA-k4ksa.org
            +AD4APg-
            Add a fourth, W3BLW is also forwarding it via the METRO list

            Ahhhhh+ACE- Mucho Goodoh+ACE- That George, He's a good boy.

            jon

            Is ONElist important to you? Has it changed your life?
            http://www.onelist.com
            Come visit our new web site and share with us your stories