Re: Lesson plan for Teaching Radio MB at Camp

  • wb2boo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 23, 2002
      --- In scoutradio@y..., "Richard A. Blank" <wb3bsa@a...> wrote:
      > I just read a few issues ago that N3RU just received a $1000.00
      grant
      > from the ARRL for the Ockanichon (KB3BOY) station. Now he and the
      camp
      > are not active?

      Far from it. It's just that he doesn't work at the camp as a full-
      time counselor during the summer anymore, and the camp couldn't
      locate a scout ham this summer. Most of us former camp staff members
      eventually graduate and get real full-time jobs. Staff members told
      me he has run a few evening classes when his job has him in the area.

      The station log showed that the station is quite active on weekends,
      JOTA, etc. as scouts camp there for the weekend.

      BTW, the grant appears to have been used to purchase a TIC ring rotor
      for the main tower to allow another beam to be placed there. The
      rotor was assembled and sitting on the table this past week,
      apparently awaiting a climbing party to install it. SO it is going to
      the physical plant there.

      73

      Gary, K2GW