Ham/Scout Activty

  • Carter Wood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30 6:39 PM
      This is KF4HLF - from the Northeast Georgia Council. We
      have done some Ham Radio work:

      JOTA - the county club sets up in several sites. We had
      860 Scouts last year, only about 250 the year before. The
      difference was that one of our sites in '98 was a Fall Camporee
      with about 800 Scouts.

      Scout Classes - twice now we have conducted the 'Now You're Talking' course.
      We added several topics so that Scouts also got
      the Radio and Electronics Merit Badges.

      Venture Crew - the county club is the Chartered Partner for
      a coed Venture Crew #73. They are new but are doing well
      as a youth auxilliary to the club.

      K2BSA - we will operate a Special Event station using the
      National BSA callsign at the next Council Jamboree - next
      October. Look for the notice in the Oct QST.

      ATV - the Council Jamboree will also have a 'Spy in the Sky'
      feature. It will be a helium balloon with an ATV transmitting
      to several recievers around the campsite. We will have
      about 3,500 Scouts in camp for the weekend and 'who knows'
      how many Cubs and family day visitors on Saturday.

      Wish us luck.

      Carter J Wood - KF4HLF
      SE288, SR-X
      Northeast Georgia Council
      Alcovy District Commissioner

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape WebMail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com
    • Bob Bruninga
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31 11:52 AM
        I think I posted this before, but in everyone's planning, be sure to make
        sure that your council does not have the words "no radios allowed" in
        their camp literature. If they do (most do), then ask them to consider
        changing it to "no radios/players allowed (except for 2-way)"

        de WB4APR