Re: Digest Number 31

  • Steven C. Gallafent
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 1999
      > The Troop i am working with now would like to take the repeater to summer
      camp with them
      > next year in sothern Indiana. We will try very hard to make this happen.

      Unless your camps are really big, I wouldn't think that you would need a
      repeater to communicate throughout the camp. All of our camps are small
      enough that a handheld will cover the entire camp on simplex. We have a
      fairly large camp scheduled next fall (expecting 30,000+ boys) and our plans
      call for only simplex through the camp and a single HF station to
      communicate back to the scout office (100 miles or so).

      Steve

      Steven C. Gallafent - The Computer Guy
      steve@... - http://www.compguy.com/