Progress with Scout Radio

  • dvanhorn@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 1999
      Scouting on the air will be a part of fall camporee for us this year. I have a radio class of 14 ( scout, and scout parrents) being taught bu K9NZF a 14 year old, and KB9UTE a 12 year old Scout. The class took its first preliminary tech test two weeks ago, and most of the class was within 3-5 questions of passing. I have been given a Wilson 440 repeater, and am in the process of obtaining a frequency fot it. Indiana has no itinerate frequency pairs available, so it is hard to talk the committe into a "roving, part time repeater". The Troop i am working with now would like to take the repeater to summer camp with them next year in sothern Indiana. We will try very hard to make this happen. Classes have been suspended for two weeks while the troop went to summer camp, but willl resume tonight.
      Respectfully Don Van Horn K1FZY