Re: [scoutradio] Dayton?

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 8 , May 12, 2002
      I'm just curious, why would one ham suggest to another ham to use
      another radio service such as FRS? Wouldn't a 2 meter simplex frequency
      better serve licensed hams?

      73,
      Rick WB3BSA

      Bob Bruninga wrote:

      > On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:
      >
      > > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to
      > Dayton. If
      > > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice
      > chat there?
      >
      > Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3. Or the alternate
      > chanel 5
      > tone 2.
      >
      > de WB4APR, Bob
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      [Click Here!]

      > ScoutRadio start page:

    • Richard A. Blank
      Message 2 of 8 , May 12, 2002
        I certainly hope not. A 2 meter simplex frequency would be best for
        licensed Scout/Scouter hams.

        Frosty6981@... wrote:

        > I have not been to Dayton before, I heard that 2m is really crowed,
        > Is it so bad that we would have to use FRS or can we use 2m or 440?
        >
        > In a message dated 5/11/02 12:37:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
        > bruninga@... writes:
        >

        >> Subj:Re: [scoutradio] Dayton?
        >> Date:5/11/02 12:37:15 PM Central Daylight Time
        >> From:bruninga@...
        >> Reply-to:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
        >> To:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
        >> Sent from the Internet
        >>

        >> On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:
        >>
        >> > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to
        >> Dayton. If
        >> > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice
        >> chat there?
        >>
        >> Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3. Or the alternate
        >> chanel 5
        >> tone 2.
        >>
        >> de WB4APR, Bob

        >> Great list of Scouting/Amateur Radio web sites:
        >> http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml
        >>
        >> Visit the "Adventure Radio Society" http://www.natworld.com/ars/
        >>
        >> ScoutRadio start page:
        >> email addresses - change your subscription details, etc.)
        >>
        >> Post message: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
        >>
        >> SCOUTING and AMATEUR RADIO - FUN FOR ALL AGES
        >>
        >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        >> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        >>

        > 73, Reid KCØIDI
        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        > ScoutRadio start page:

      • Milt Forsberg
        Message 3 of 8 , May 12, 2002
          I think the suggestion of FRS was so that ALL Scouts might be able to talk
          and meet each other, regardless of if they have a ham license or not.
          Also, the simplex traffic at Dayton is so heavy that you have a hard time
          finding a frequency to use during the weekend. My guess is that the FRS
          won't be much better, but if all the hams are on the ham bands, maybe....
          Oh well.

          Milt Forsberg, K9QZI
          Champaign, IL