Re: [scoutradio] Dayton?

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 8 , May 11, 2002
      On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:

      > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to Dayton. If
      > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice chat there?

      Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3. Or the alternate chanel 5
      tone 2.

      de WB4APR, Bob
    • Frosty6981@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 11, 2002
        I have not been to Dayton before, I heard that 2m is really crowed,  Is it so bad that we would have to use FRS or can we use 2m or 440?

        Subj:Re: [scoutradio] Dayton?
        Date:5/11/02 12:37:15 PM Central Daylight Time
        From:bruninga@...
        Reply-to:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
        To:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
        Sent from the Internet

        On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:

        > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to Dayton.  If
        > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice chat there?

        Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3.  Or the alternate chanel 5
        tone 2.

        de WB4APR, Bob

        Buy Stock for $4
        and no minimums.
        FREE Money 2002.
        Click Here!

        73, Reid KCØIDI
      • Milt Forsberg
        Message 3 of 8 , May 11, 2002
          At Dayton, everything is crowded. I am sure the FRS channels will be
          totally full, as will most of the ham freqs and most of the business
          channels. I have tried all of these in the past and they have always been
          busy. Cellphones still seem to work ok ;) 27,000 people all wanting to
          use radios does create some interesting RF. Just pick your freq and try
          it.

          Milt Forsberg, K9QZI
          Champaign, IL

          On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:

          > I have not been to Dayton before, I heard that 2m is really crowed, Is it so
          > bad that we would have to use FRS or can we use 2m or 440?

        • Richard A. Blank
          Message 4 of 8 , May 12, 2002
            I'm just curious, why would one ham suggest to another ham to use
            another radio service such as FRS? Wouldn't a 2 meter simplex frequency
            better serve licensed hams?

            73,
            Rick WB3BSA

            Bob Bruninga wrote:

            > On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:
            >
            > > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to
            > Dayton. If
            > > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice
            > chat there?
            >
            > Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3. Or the alternate
            > chanel 5
            > tone 2.
            >
            > de WB4APR, Bob
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
            [Click Here!]

            > ScoutRadio start page:

          • Richard A. Blank
            Message 5 of 8 , May 12, 2002
              I certainly hope not. A 2 meter simplex frequency would be best for
              licensed Scout/Scouter hams.

              Frosty6981@... wrote:

              > I have not been to Dayton before, I heard that 2m is really crowed,
              > Is it so bad that we would have to use FRS or can we use 2m or 440?
              >
              > In a message dated 5/11/02 12:37:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
              > bruninga@... writes:
              >

              >> Subj:Re: [scoutradio] Dayton?
              >> Date:5/11/02 12:37:15 PM Central Daylight Time
              >> From:bruninga@...
              >> Reply-to:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
              >> To:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
              >> Sent from the Internet
              >>

              >> On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:
              >>
              >> > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to
              >> Dayton. If
              >> > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice
              >> chat there?
              >>
              >> Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3. Or the alternate
              >> chanel 5
              >> tone 2.
              >>
              >> de WB4APR, Bob

              >> Great list of Scouting/Amateur Radio web sites:
              >> http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml
              >>
              >> Visit the "Adventure Radio Society" http://www.natworld.com/ars/
              >>
              >> ScoutRadio start page:
              >> email addresses - change your subscription details, etc.)
              >>
              >> Post message: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
              >>
              >> SCOUTING and AMATEUR RADIO - FUN FOR ALL AGES
              >>
              >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              >> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              >>

              > 73, Reid KCØIDI
              > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              > ScoutRadio start page:

            • Milt Forsberg
              Message 6 of 8 , May 12, 2002
                I think the suggestion of FRS was so that ALL Scouts might be able to talk
                and meet each other, regardless of if they have a ham license or not.
                Also, the simplex traffic at Dayton is so heavy that you have a hard time
                finding a frequency to use during the weekend. My guess is that the FRS
                won't be much better, but if all the hams are on the ham bands, maybe....
                Oh well.

                Milt Forsberg, K9QZI
                Champaign, IL