Dayton?

  • Frosty6981@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 11 8:38 AM
      I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to Dayton. If
      there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice chat there?

      73, Reid KCØIDI
    • Milt Forsberg
      Message 2 of 8 , May 11 10:26 AM
        Thre will be a couple of us in spaces 4233-4235 in the flea market. Both
        are retired SMs. I am K9QZI, Milt, from Champaign, IL, retired SM of 30
        years, currently semi-active in the Order of the Arrow locally and a
        member of the Camp Visitation Team for the Central Region. Gene, K9UTQ,
        is a 10 year veteran SM from Wisconsin Rapids, WI. He is active on the
        council and has been on the staff of K2BSA at the past 4 or 5 jamborees.
        Stop by and say hi... We can get on any of the ham frequencies.

        Milt Forsberg, K9QZI
        Champaign, IL

        On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:

        > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to Dayton. If
        > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice chat there?
        >
        > 73, Reid KCØIDI
      • Bob Bruninga
        Message 3 of 8 , May 11 10:28 AM
          On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:

          > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to Dayton. If
          > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice chat there?

          Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3. Or the alternate chanel 5
          tone 2.

          de WB4APR, Bob
        • Frosty6981@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 11 4:28 PM
            I have not been to Dayton before, I heard that 2m is really crowed,  Is it so bad that we would have to use FRS or can we use 2m or 440?

            Subj:Re: [scoutradio] Dayton?
            Date:5/11/02 12:37:15 PM Central Daylight Time
            From:bruninga@...
            Reply-to:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
            To:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
            Sent from the Internet

            On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:

            > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to Dayton.  If
            > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice chat there?

            Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3.  Or the alternate chanel 5
            tone 2.

            de WB4APR, Bob

            Buy Stock for $4
            and no minimums.
            FREE Money 2002.
            Click Here!

            73, Reid KCØIDI
          • Milt Forsberg
            Message 5 of 8 , May 11 5:10 PM
              At Dayton, everything is crowded. I am sure the FRS channels will be
              totally full, as will most of the ham freqs and most of the business
              channels. I have tried all of these in the past and they have always been
              busy. Cellphones still seem to work ok ;) 27,000 people all wanting to
              use radios does create some interesting RF. Just pick your freq and try
              it.

              Milt Forsberg, K9QZI
              Champaign, IL

              On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:

              > I have not been to Dayton before, I heard that 2m is really crowed, Is it so
              > bad that we would have to use FRS or can we use 2m or 440?

            • Richard A. Blank
              Message 6 of 8 , May 12 7:09 PM
                I'm just curious, why would one ham suggest to another ham to use
                another radio service such as FRS? Wouldn't a 2 meter simplex frequency
                better serve licensed hams?

                73,
                Rick WB3BSA

                Bob Bruninga wrote:

                > On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:
                >
                > > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to
                > Dayton. If
                > > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice
                > chat there?
                >
                > Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3. Or the alternate
                > chanel 5
                > tone 2.
                >
                > de WB4APR, Bob
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                [Click Here!]

                > ScoutRadio start page:

              • Richard A. Blank
                Message 7 of 8 , May 12 7:10 PM
                  I certainly hope not. A 2 meter simplex frequency would be best for
                  licensed Scout/Scouter hams.

                  Frosty6981@... wrote:

                  > I have not been to Dayton before, I heard that 2m is really crowed,
                  > Is it so bad that we would have to use FRS or can we use 2m or 440?
                  >
                  > In a message dated 5/11/02 12:37:15 PM Central Daylight Time,
                  > bruninga@... writes:
                  >

                  >> Subj:Re: [scoutradio] Dayton?
                  >> Date:5/11/02 12:37:15 PM Central Daylight Time
                  >> From:bruninga@...
                  >> Reply-to:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
                  >> To:scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
                  >> Sent from the Internet
                  >>

                  >> On Sat, 11 May 2002 Frosty6981@... wrote:
                  >>
                  >> > I was wondering if there were any scouts planning on going to
                  >> Dayton. If
                  >> > there are should we choose a frequency to meet on and have a nice
                  >> chat there?
                  >>
                  >> Use the FRS/HAM freqwuency of channel 7 tone 3. Or the alternate
                  >> chanel 5
                  >> tone 2.
                  >>
                  >> de WB4APR, Bob

                  >> Great list of Scouting/Amateur Radio web sites:
                  >> http://www.k1dwu.net/ham-links/clubs.-.scouting.phtml
                  >>
                  >> Visit the "Adventure Radio Society" http://www.natworld.com/ars/
                  >>
                  >> ScoutRadio start page:
                  >> email addresses - change your subscription details, etc.)
                  >>
                  >> Post message: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com
                  >>
                  >> SCOUTING and AMATEUR RADIO - FUN FOR ALL AGES
                  >>
                  >> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  >> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                  >>

                  > 73, Reid KCØIDI
                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  > ScoutRadio start page:

                • Milt Forsberg
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 12 8:30 PM
                    I think the suggestion of FRS was so that ALL Scouts might be able to talk
                    and meet each other, regardless of if they have a ham license or not.
                    Also, the simplex traffic at Dayton is so heavy that you have a hard time
                    finding a frequency to use during the weekend. My guess is that the FRS
                    won't be much better, but if all the hams are on the ham bands, maybe....
                    Oh well.

                    Milt Forsberg, K9QZI
                    Champaign, IL