Re: [scoutradio] Scouts FRS Radio Guidelines

  • Larry Acklin
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2002
      Excellent!

      My troop has embraced FRS on their own- we are using ch 7 tone 7 (troop # is 7!) on caravans and during camporees and outings.

      I will probably distribute this document with an addendum for our troop, if that is OK with Bob.

      73
      Larry KB3CUF

      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2002
        On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, I posted a SCOUTING FRS RADIO CODE...

        If you are interested, I edited it some today to make a better
        uderstanding of what is different about FRS and "radio". The new wording
        shows scouts how FRS was designed for consumers to be a CELL-PHONE
        clone for one-on-one comms. THus they have those silly RING tones and
        CALL buttons.

        But in a "radio net" on a shared channel with lots of people (like
        Scouting applications), these ring tones and CALL buttons actually
        INTERFERE with good communicatinos techinique..

        I posted the SOUTING FRS RADIO CODE on:

        http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/frsplan.txt

        de WB4APR, Bob