Scouts and FRS

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 25, 2002
      A year or so ago I wrote about getting the Boy Scouts organization to
      endorse FRS radio communications and incorporate simple radio skills
      training into their programs. In otherwords, the understanding of how to
      call on a radio by giving the "call" of the station you are calling
      followed by your "call".

      And encouraging scouts to use their Troop number and initials as a call,
      to help distinguish people in large gatherings.

      Does anyone know if anyone has codified the integration of FRS into
      scouting in any document or web page so that I can refer to it with my
      local council?

      THanks
      de WB4APR@..., Bob