Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 263

  • Bill Stewart
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 6, 2002
      Hey Fred. I like your option, too!!!! They actually LEARN something in the process of having FUN!!!

      73,

      Bill Stewart, W2BSA

      Fred Stevens K2FRD wrote:
      I see two solutions: (1) Take along a dual-band HT in addition to the
      FRS (for internal Troop use only) and do cross-band transmissions
      from the HT to the vox car rig ( = cross-band "repeater" type
      operation).  It's technically easier to use a dual-band VHF/UHF in
      the car rather than vox. This can be expensive and the
      legalities/technicalities of signing on cross-band operations can be
      fuzzy; Or, (2) run a Tech class for the rest of the Scouts and have
      them all earn ham tickets. I like this option better.

      73 and YIS, Fred
      K2FRD

      --
      73, Fred Stevens K2FRD