Back from a Week away

  • ray@sirois.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18 8:20 PM
      I am back from a cruise vacation week away with
      my wife and (Cub Scout) son... and see that
      there has been quite a bit of reflector
      traffic since my "3rd Party Trivia Pursuit"
      message. Sorry about all the confusion...
      but I figured we'd at least be better off knowing
      about the issue. I've been grappling with it
      a LOT myself.

      Clearly, we should lobby for rule changes
      on this subject where ever possible... As it has
      been stated, this is part of the international
      treaties not just USA's domestic Part 97 rules.
      So where do we start?!

      I LOVE getting scouts/dads on the air, and
      a bunch of them (all WITH Tech Licenses)
      had a Ball! working the recent ARRL
      International DX Contest... only with me to find out
      afterwards that I had them working a bunch of stuff we
      perhaps "shouldn't" have as 3rd parties on club station
      WJ0TA. Oh Well...
      I'm not loosing any sleep over it. <grin>

      As mentioned in "trivia"... this issue
      also relates to Field Day operations etc... and
      I (unofficially) doubt that this kind of thing
      would ever be made a big deal of.

      73,
      N1RY
      Ray