THIRD PARTY TRAFFIC UPDATE

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 11 6:50 AM
      I just received an email from Riley Hollingsworth in repsonse to my
      request for clarification of 47CFR97.115 regarding the definition of
      third party traffic (i.e. does it refer strictly to message traffic
      handling or prohibit third party operators, e.g. Scouts talking to
      other Scouts in non-third party treaty nations during JOTA). He said
      he will have to check with the Wireless Telecommunication Bureau. It
      might appear that there is also confusion at the FCC end.

      Please stand by.
      --
      73, Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Otschodela Council Amateur Radio Group http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11 6:54 AM
        Thanks Fred. This, for my Crew, will also come into play this year at field day with the new rules.We operate field day on our own without participating with
        another club so we need to be sure of our rules.

        Bill Stewart, W2BSA, UC, CM, COR Venturing Crew 80

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11 7:21 AM
          At 09:54 -0500 11/03/2002, Bill Stewart wrote:
          >Thanks Fred. This, for my Crew, will also come into play this year
          >at field day with the new rules.We operate field day on our own
          >without participating with
          >another club so we need to be sure of our rules.
          >
          >Bill Stewart, W2BSA, UC, CM, COR Venturing Crew 80

          You're welcome, Bill. As soon as I hear again from Riley, I'll post
          his response to the List. Also, since you have a Scouting
          unit-oriented activity, would you like me to add your address to our
          OCARG EAGLE (newsletter) mailing list? We like to post unit-level
          happenings so that other similar units can make contact with each
          other. Hot news this month (to come out in the 15 March edition of
          the EAGLE) is OCARG's new vanity callsign KZ2BSA) and preparation for
          JOTA, among other articles.