Re: [Cars Mlist] Scouts and FRS

  • Bob Bruninga
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 1999
      On Tue, 6 Jul 1999, Joseph Eitel wrote:

      > There is no way that a 1/2 watt on UHF ( FRS ) with a stubby duck on
      > flat ground and in the woods is ever going to go 12 miles .

      I agree.
      I said 12 square miles. Thats equivalent to about a 2 mile radius. And
      this camp has a small lake at the center meaning that all of the
      surrounding camp area has a downhill slope to all other points...

      Yep, I agree, on flat ground with trees, forget even 2 miles.

      bob

      T.J. WD4NHH > tedje1@...