club sponsors

  • ray@sirois.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 4, 2002
      Greetings Ham Scouts.
      Some background info on my other posting:

      Not unlike the New England Patriots ! ! ! ,

      the New England based Yankee Clipper Contest Club
      YCCC has been celebrating a position as
      world champs... acutally for 3 years now...

      Since a bunch of scouts and dads have gotten
      licensed recently, we decided we'd give them a
      try at DX CONTESTING... we have a couple
      of training sessions lined up so they can learn
      computer logging etc. and meet the eligibility
      requirements for submitting their score as
      part of the YCCC Club Score. With this they'll
      get bragging rights and pride of being a part
      of a World Championship Team !
      ... plus they'll get to work lots of DX.

      We solicited YCCC members to
      $ponsor a Scout's membership fee...
      in order to spread the goodwill around a bit!
      Plus the QSO's go to the YCCC Team's total!

      FYI, Sunday afternoons in these 48 hour
      contests are often slow because most everyone
      in the contest has worked each other. (relatively!)
      So we are hoping this group will have some fun
      working from a great contest station, will go at it
      and work the world and maybe create a "pile up" of their own
      with a fresh new callsign on the air late in the contest.

      We'll let you know how the experiment works!

      73,
      Ray N1RY