PLEASE USE PLAIN TEXT

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
      Nothing personal to anyone on the List, but if everyone would send
      their messages to this List in Plain Text, those annoying Yahoo
      display(picture) ads wouldn't cling to the bottoms of the messages.
      I'm not certain why, but the use of Styled or RTF (Rich Text Format)
      or anything besides the default text/font triggers the display ads.
      These ads take five to ten times as long to open, even using Eudora
      Pro (paid version).

      Yahoo is very generous in sponsoring its many eLists and it certainly
      must obtain revenue from somewhere, but this is no excuse to jam my
      machine.

      Note for the uninformed: changing "My Yahoo Groups" Preferences to
      "No HTML" has no effect on the display ads.
      --
      73, Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Otschodela Council Amateur Radio Group http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
        For the uninitiated, Dave Hatch N9ZRT is one of the foremost
        authorities on kite-lifted antennas (antennae? antenni?) in the U.S.,
        if not the world. He has gone to considerable effort to publish his
        findings on the 'Net for the benefit of hams everywhere. He's also
        one of the nicest and most generous persons it has been my pleasure
        to meet on the air; his attitudes and actions reflect the highest
        traditions and spirit of the Scout Oath and Law.

        73, Fred
        K2FRD