Kite-lifted Antennae

  • David H. Hatch - N9ZRT
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3 12:23 PM
      Hi Scouts,

      I just finished my kite-lifted antenna adventure page. Perhaps you want to drop by...

      http://www.wireservices.com/n9zrt/kite.html

      David H. Hatch - N9ZRT - "Zesty Red Tomato"
      http://www.wireservices.com/n9zrt/
      oslc@... / 18.155 USB
      Green Bay, Wisconsin
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3 2:07 PM
        Nothing personal to anyone on the List, but if everyone would send
        their messages to this List in Plain Text, those annoying Yahoo
        display(picture) ads wouldn't cling to the bottoms of the messages.
        I'm not certain why, but the use of Styled or RTF (Rich Text Format)
        or anything besides the default text/font triggers the display ads.
        These ads take five to ten times as long to open, even using Eudora
        Pro (paid version).

        Yahoo is very generous in sponsoring its many eLists and it certainly
        must obtain revenue from somewhere, but this is no excuse to jam my
        machine.

        Note for the uninformed: changing "My Yahoo Groups" Preferences to
        "No HTML" has no effect on the display ads.
        --
        73, Fred Stevens K2FRD
        Otschodela Council Amateur Radio Group http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3 2:14 PM
          For the uninitiated, Dave Hatch N9ZRT is one of the foremost
          authorities on kite-lifted antennas (antennae? antenni?) in the U.S.,
          if not the world. He has gone to considerable effort to publish his
          findings on the 'Net for the benefit of hams everywhere. He's also
          one of the nicest and most generous persons it has been my pleasure
          to meet on the air; his attitudes and actions reflect the highest
          traditions and spirit of the Scout Oath and Law.

          73, Fred
          K2FRD