Kite-lifted Antennae

  • David H. Hatch - N9ZRT
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
      Hi Scouts,

      I just finished my kite-lifted antenna adventure page. Perhaps you want to drop by...

      http://www.wireservices.com/n9zrt/kite.html

      David H. Hatch - N9ZRT - "Zesty Red Tomato"
      http://www.wireservices.com/n9zrt/
      oslc@... / 18.155 USB
      Green Bay, Wisconsin
    • AA6J
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
        I have updated my Radio Merit Badge webpage for the new requirements.
        Some have found this site useful in teaching the merit badge.

        Bill Jeffrey AA6J
        www.qsl.net/aa6j/radiomb
        Feel free to use any of this information in your merit badge classes, but
        please don't repost to another web site.
      • Fred Stevens K2FRD
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
          Nothing personal to anyone on the List, but if everyone would send
          their messages to this List in Plain Text, those annoying Yahoo
          display(picture) ads wouldn't cling to the bottoms of the messages.
          I'm not certain why, but the use of Styled or RTF (Rich Text Format)
          or anything besides the default text/font triggers the display ads.
          These ads take five to ten times as long to open, even using Eudora
          Pro (paid version).

          Yahoo is very generous in sponsoring its many eLists and it certainly
          must obtain revenue from somewhere, but this is no excuse to jam my
          machine.

          Note for the uninformed: changing "My Yahoo Groups" Preferences to
          "No HTML" has no effect on the display ads.
          --
          73, Fred Stevens K2FRD
          Otschodela Council Amateur Radio Group http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2002
            For the uninitiated, Dave Hatch N9ZRT is one of the foremost
            authorities on kite-lifted antennas (antennae? antenni?) in the U.S.,
            if not the world. He has gone to considerable effort to publish his
            findings on the 'Net for the benefit of hams everywhere. He's also
            one of the nicest and most generous persons it has been my pleasure
            to meet on the air; his attitudes and actions reflect the highest
            traditions and spirit of the Scout Oath and Law.

            73, Fred
            K2FRD