RE: [scoutradio] Changes to the Radio Merit Badge

  • Max - KD7GES
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2002

      A few questions for you (or anyone else on the list that knows):

      1.  How did you hear about these changes to the Radio Merit Badge?

                  The 2002 Requirement Book, it should be available at your local Council Service Center.

      2.  When did these changes to the Radio Merit Badge officially go into
      effect?  It appears they happened sometime in the later part of 2001 -
      anyone know when?

                  Effective as of 01/01/02

      3.  Are these the only changes that were done (i.e. 7A3 was deleted & 7A5
      was changed)?

                  6D has changed to draw eight schematic symbols from ten.

      4.  I checked the Radio Merit Badge requirements on the MeritBadge.com
      website and the HTML page appears to have been updated with the changes:

      http://www.meritbadge.com/bsa/mb/093.htm

      However the PDF & MS-Word worksheets for the Radio Merit Badge requirements
      have NOT been updated so we need to be careful:

      http://www.meritbadge.com/bsa/workshts/index.htm

                  I have revised the worksheets, for the new requirements, however I dropped out parts 7B and 7C as I almost always teach Amateur Radio Option. I would be glad to post it to the group if interested.

    • Richard A. Blank
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 3, 2002
        As an Advancement Chairman and Dean of Merit Badges for theConestoga
        District, and a member of the Cradle of Liberty Council's Advancement
        Committee, I can tell you this.

        1. The new requirements take effect with the printing of the new Radio
        Merit Badge book. This has been done and the book is available.
        2. Any Scout, who started working on the old requirements may continue
        to do so until he has completed the badge.
        3. Meritbadge.com is not an official Boy Scouts of America website.
        The information is updated by volunteers and is in no way official
        information.

        73, Rick