Hi, I trust this source and found the bad file on my HD. It's worth the
time to have a look at your drive and delete the file.
Charles McNeil, VA3FCM
Sorry to be sending bad news but a friend alerted me to the
fact that this virus was lying dormant in her hard drive and went out to
everyone in her address book. When I followed the instructions, I found it
in mine too. I assume that since you're in my address book, you
probably have it too. It only takes a minute to clean it up so I hope you
follow these instructions...I plan to follow this procedure weekly (and clean up
my address book!!).
Happy holidays and hope you stay virus free,
message today. Checked my C drive and found the virus. Spent 1 minute to
follow the instructions to clean it out of the system. Step-by-step method
Sorry about this, but I got it the same way you just did -
from someone else's address book. Apparently it lies dormant for 14
days, then kills your hard drive. Here's how to stop it. If
you've got it, sent this to everyone
in your address book.
1. go to start-then to 'find or search'
2. in the 'search for files or folders' type in sulfnbk.exe --this is the
3. in the 'look in' make sure you're searching Drive C
4. hit 'search' button (or find)
5. Search for sulfnbk.exe - if this file shows up (it's an
blackish icon that will have the name sulfnbk.exe) DON'T OPEN
6. Right click on the file - go down to delete and left click
7. It will ask if you want to send it to the recycle bin...say
8. go to your desktop (where all your icons are) and double
click on the recycle bin
9. right click on sulfnbk.exe and delete again or just empty the recycle
If you find this...send it to everyone in your address
because that's how it's transferred. Don't forget to
warn others to check