  • Charles McNeil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2001
      Hi, I trust this source and found the bad file on my HD. It's worth the time to have a look at your drive and delete the file.

      Charles McNeil, VA3FCM

      Sorry to be sending bad news but a friend alerted me to the fact that this virus was lying dormant in her hard drive and went out to everyone in her address book.  When I followed the instructions, I found it in mine too.  I assume that since you're in my address book, you probably have it too.  It only takes a minute to clean it up so I hope you follow these instructions...I plan to follow this procedure weekly (and clean up my address book!!).

      Happy holidays and hope you stay virus free,
      Cathy
      Received this message today.  Checked my C drive and found the virus. Spent 1 minute to follow the instructions to clean it out of the system. Step-by-step method works!
      Sorry about this, but I got it the same way you just did - from someone else's address book. Apparently it lies dormant for 14 days, then kills your hard drive.  Here's how to stop it. If you've got it, sent this to everyone
      in your address book.

      1. go to start-then to 'find or search'
      2. in the 'search for files or folders' type in sulfnbk.exe --this is the virus
      3. in the 'look in' make sure you're searching Drive C
      4. hit 'search' button (or find)
      5. Search for sulfnbk.exe - if this file shows up (it's an ugly
       blackish icon that will have the name sulfnbk.exe) DON'T OPEN IT
      6. Right click on the file - go down to delete and left click
      7. It will ask if you want to send it to the recycle bin...say
      yes

       8. go to your desktop (where all your icons are) and double click on the  recycle bin
      9. right click on sulfnbk.exe and delete again or just empty the recycle bin.

      If you find this...send it to everyone in your address book,
      because that's how it's transferred. Don't forget to warn others to check