Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 237

  • Michael Derek Barnett
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 9, 2001
      Je Sunday 09 December 2001 06:35 pm, vi skribis:
      > David et al,
      > My Norton Anti-virus is set to update 3 times a week. Sunday,
      > Tuesday and Thursday. I have it set to scan everyday. I also have it
      > set to scan the incoming email as it is being downloaded. Therefore, I
      > have never had a problem.
      > I continue to suggest that everyone get an Anti-virus program and
      > use it, update it often and scan your system regularly. It is the best
      > protection you can have. Many of the worm type viruses are not just
      > sending to lists but, everyone in your address book. These viruses
      > affect mostly those using Outlook and Outlook Express.
      > 73, Rick

      I would also add that people should start using the blind carbon copy
      function of your mailer when sending mail to multiple recipients, rather than
      tacking multiple addresses in the to: or cc: field. The newer worms are
      searching your entire mail folder (and i'm sure hard drive is soon, if not
      already,) for email addresses. As a result, they'll mail to any reference
      they see...not just people you know. bcc will help alleviate that problem.

      -derek

      The internet is the largest hiding place on earth. -- Anonymous