Tower removal near Chicago

  • Jay Chamberlain
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2001
      I am looking for some help in the Chicago, IL area. My niece bought a house in the western suburbs that has an old 30-40 foot tower. From her description it sounds like an older tower used to mount a TV antenna. I am not sure if she said it had an antenna on it or not.

      Is there someone out there that could help me find a ham who might be willing or have the equipment to take the tower down? I have no idea if it will be reusable.  My niece has contacted a local tower guy and for this newly married couple the cost was prohibitive.

      Any contact or even a friend of a friend or local club I can contact would be greatly appreciated.

      Jay  AE4MK  Trustee K3FBI