Re: [scoutradio] JOTA Reports

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
      You can get it directly from the Boy Scouts of America's web page.  In fact, this link will take you to the sample form.

       http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota-samp.pdf

      Here is some of the info that the BSA has on their site:

      Brief reports are requested. Download the sample report
      format on this fact sheet. This report should include:

           Unit number and local council name and number
           Amateur call used
           Calls heard and worked
           Number of participants
           Interesting incidents and exchanges, etc.
           Photos with captions (small group, Scout at mike)

      Send reports and photos to the JOTA coordinator at the BSA
      national office address no later than November 30, 2001.
      These reports will be used to prepare a United States report
      that is sent to the World Scout Bureau.

      73, Rick WB3BSA

      ClayWA6LBU@... wrote:

       Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send it.

      Clay WA6LBU

    • RStone1221@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
        The attachment sent in the JOTA reports information
        is an advertisement and a waste of my time to download it, unzip it, and look
        at it.

        I enjoy getting only "scout" and "radio" information from the scoutradio
        group.
        Thank you.
      • Richard A. Blank
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
          Clay,
               Some are not aware of the BSA's site.  You should have received information that I sent to the list to get you to the form.  Here is the url to the BSA's full information on JOTA,  http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota.html

          73, Rick WB3BSA

          ClayWA6LBU@... wrote:

           I have completed the ARRL report.  I was under the understanding there was a
          BSA report to be filed as well.

          http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/

          >  73 & yis,
          >  Fred
          >  K2FRD
          >  --

          Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU

          "You have to operate everyday as if the whole world were listening, because
          these days, it is." - The FCC's Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH