Re: [scoutradio] JOTA Reports

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
      Sorry 'bout that. I mixed up my bureaucracies. BSA doesn't have any
      formal site for submission of JOTA reports, last I heard, but Roy
      Moyer WD8JKV (RMoyer@...) at National appreciates a narrative
      report of how many Scouts, Cubs, Explorers, etc. made contacts or
      otherwise were "processed" through a JOTA station.

      73 and YIS, Fred
      K2FRD

      >I have completed the ARRL report. I was under the understanding there was a
      >BSA report to be filed as well.
      >
      >In a message dated 11/8/01 11:49:42 AM Central Standard Time,
      >thefred@... writes:
      >

      >> >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send
      >> it.
      >> >
      >> >Clay WA6LBU
      >>
      >> http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/
      >>
      >> 73 & yis,
      >> Fred
      >> K2FRD
      >> --
      >> ýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý
      >

      >Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU
      >
      >"You have to operate everyday as if the whole world were listening, because
      >these days, it is." - The FCC's Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH
      >
      >Check out the UK Radio-Scouting page here at Yahoo!Groups.
      >
      >Now that you've got new licensees in your unit, why not have them
      >subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth

      >Visit the "Adventure Radio Society" http://www.natworld.com/ars/
      >
      >ScoutRadio start page:
      >email address' - change you subscription details, etc.)
      >
      >Post message: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com

      ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
      Fred Stevens, K2FRD
      Our Website has changed location. Check out:

      Please visit Otschodela Council (Boy Scouts) Amateur Radio Group's Homesite:
      http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
      Or, VO2/K2FRD's 2001 Labrador DXpedition Page:
      http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrdx.htm
      Or, K2FRD's personal Page:
      http://www.ascent.net/thefred/K2FRD.htm
      LABRADOR PICTURES ARE IN! Click for 1st page
      (compressed for fast download)
      http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrpics1.htm
    • Richard A. Blank
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
        You can get it directly from the Boy Scouts of America's web page.  In fact, this link will take you to the sample form.

         http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota-samp.pdf

        Here is some of the info that the BSA has on their site:

        Brief reports are requested. Download the sample report
        format on this fact sheet. This report should include:

             Unit number and local council name and number
             Amateur call used
             Calls heard and worked
             Number of participants
             Interesting incidents and exchanges, etc.
             Photos with captions (small group, Scout at mike)

        Send reports and photos to the JOTA coordinator at the BSA
        national office address no later than November 30, 2001.
        These reports will be used to prepare a United States report
        that is sent to the World Scout Bureau.

        73, Rick WB3BSA

      • RStone1221@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
          The attachment sent in the JOTA reports information
          is an advertisement and a waste of my time to download it, unzip it, and look
          at it.

          I enjoy getting only "scout" and "radio" information from the scoutradio
          group.
          Thank you.
        • Richard A. Blank
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
            Clay,
                 Some are not aware of the BSA's site.  You should have received information that I sent to the list to get you to the form.  Here is the url to the BSA's full information on JOTA,  http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota.html

            73, Rick WB3BSA