RE: [scoutradio] JOTA Reports

  • Hampton, Rickey
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
      According to the World Radio-Scouting web site,
      http://www.home.zonnet.nl/worldscout/, the National JOTA Organizer for the
      United States, is Ray Moyer, WD8JKV, at: rmoyer@....

      Ray? What and to whom do we need to report concerning our JOTA activities?

      Rick Hampton
      Manager, Operations Support
      Premier CTS
      704-733-5476

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
        Take a look at: http://www.scouting.org/international/jota.html
        Toward bottom of page is info on JOTA report and a sample report form.

        YiS, 73, Frank KR1ZAN
        Advisor, Venturer Crew 73, K5BSA
        Richardson, TX

        --- In scoutradio@y..., "Hampton, Rickey" <Rickey_Hampton@P...> wrote:
        > According to the World Radio-Scouting web site,
        > http://www.home.zonnet.nl/worldscout/, the National JOTA Organizer
        for the
        > United States, is Ray Moyer, WD8JKV, at: rmoyer@n...
        >
        > Ray? What and to whom do we need to report concerning our JOTA
        activities?

        > Rick Hampton
        > Manager, Operations Support
        > Premier CTS
        > 704-733-5476

        ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡â
        €¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡

        > Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU
        >
        > ScoutRadio start page:
        email
        > address' - change you subscription details, etc.)
        >
        > Post message: scoutradio@y...
        > ***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged
        and
        > confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this
        message is
        > not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
        > delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
        notified
        > that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
        communication is
        > strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in
        error,
        > please notify the Sender immediately by replying to the message and
        deleting
        > it from your computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.
      • Fred Stevens K2FRD
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
          Sorry 'bout that. I mixed up my bureaucracies. BSA doesn't have any
          formal site for submission of JOTA reports, last I heard, but Roy
          Moyer WD8JKV (RMoyer@...) at National appreciates a narrative
          report of how many Scouts, Cubs, Explorers, etc. made contacts or
          otherwise were "processed" through a JOTA station.

          73 and YIS, Fred
          K2FRD

          >I have completed the ARRL report. I was under the understanding there was a
          >BSA report to be filed as well.
          >
          >In a message dated 11/8/01 11:49:42 AM Central Standard Time,
          >thefred@... writes:
          >

          >> >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send
          >> it.
          >> >
          >> >Clay WA6LBU
          >>
          >> http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/
          >>
          >> 73 & yis,
          >> Fred
          >> K2FRD
          >> --
          >> ýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý
          >

          >Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU
          >
          >"You have to operate everyday as if the whole world were listening, because
          >these days, it is." - The FCC's Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH
          >
          >Check out the UK Radio-Scouting page here at Yahoo!Groups.
          >
          >Now that you've got new licensees in your unit, why not have them
          >subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth

          >Visit the "Adventure Radio Society" http://www.natworld.com/ars/
          >
          >ScoutRadio start page:
          >email address' - change you subscription details, etc.)
          >
          >Post message: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com

          ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
          Fred Stevens, K2FRD
          Our Website has changed location. Check out:

          Please visit Otschodela Council (Boy Scouts) Amateur Radio Group's Homesite:
          http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
          Or, VO2/K2FRD's 2001 Labrador DXpedition Page:
          http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrdx.htm
          Or, K2FRD's personal Page:
          http://www.ascent.net/thefred/K2FRD.htm
          LABRADOR PICTURES ARE IN! Click for 1st page
          (compressed for fast download)
          http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrpics1.htm
        • Richard A. Blank
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
            You can get it directly from the Boy Scouts of America's web page.  In fact, this link will take you to the sample form.

             http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota-samp.pdf

            Here is some of the info that the BSA has on their site:

            Brief reports are requested. Download the sample report
            format on this fact sheet. This report should include:

                 Unit number and local council name and number
                 Amateur call used
                 Calls heard and worked
                 Number of participants
                 Interesting incidents and exchanges, etc.
                 Photos with captions (small group, Scout at mike)

            Send reports and photos to the JOTA coordinator at the BSA
            national office address no later than November 30, 2001.
            These reports will be used to prepare a United States report
            that is sent to the World Scout Bureau.

            73, Rick WB3BSA

          • RStone1221@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
              The attachment sent in the JOTA reports information
              is an advertisement and a waste of my time to download it, unzip it, and look
              at it.

              I enjoy getting only "scout" and "radio" information from the scoutradio
              group.
              Thank you.
            • Richard A. Blank
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                Clay,
                     Some are not aware of the BSA's site.  You should have received information that I sent to the list to get you to the form.  Here is the url to the BSA's full information on JOTA,  http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota.html

                73, Rick WB3BSA