Re: [scoutradio] JOTA Reports

  • Fred Stevens K2FRD
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
      I concur with Alan's comments. From what I understand, only about
      4000 JOTA contacts in the USA were reported last year. I believe that
      JOTA in the US is being seriously under-reported with those operators
      working out of their homes or other non-camporee locations not
      reporting at all. Telling this to this List is probably preaching to
      the choir, but all of us should make an effort to contact other
      operators known to have participated in JOTA to implore them to
      submit a report. Information/reports should be submitted to:
      http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/ .

      73, Fred
      K2FRD

      --
      ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
      Fred Stevens, K2FRD

      Please visit Otschodela Council (Boy Scouts) Amateur Radio Group's Homesite:
      http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
      Or, VO2/K2FRD's 2001 Labrador DXpedition Page:
      http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrdx.htm
      Or, K2FRD's personal Page:
      http://www.ascent.net/thefred/K2FRD.htm
      LABRADOR PICTURES ARE IN! Click for 1st page
      (compressed for fast download)
      http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrpics1.htm
    • ClayWA6LBU@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
        Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send it.

        Clay WA6LBU
      • Fred Stevens K2FRD
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
          >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send it.
          >
          >Clay WA6LBU

          http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/

          73 & yis,
          Fred
          K2FRD
          --
          ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
            I have completed the ARRL report. I was under the understanding there was a
            BSA report to be filed as well.

            In a message dated 11/8/01 11:49:42 AM Central Standard Time,
            thefred@... writes:

            > >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send
            > it.
            > >
            > >Clay WA6LBU
            >
            > http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/
            >
            > 73 & yis,
            > Fred
            > K2FRD
            > --
            > ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

            Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU

            "You have to operate everyday as if the whole world were listening, because
            these days, it is." - The FCC's Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH
          • Hampton, Rickey
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
              According to the World Radio-Scouting web site,
              http://www.home.zonnet.nl/worldscout/, the National JOTA Organizer for the
              United States, is Ray Moyer, WD8JKV, at: rmoyer@....

              Ray? What and to whom do we need to report concerning our JOTA activities?

              Rick Hampton
              Manager, Operations Support
              Premier CTS
              704-733-5476

              thefred@... writes:

              > >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to
              send
              > it.
              > >
              > >Clay WA6LBU
              >
              > http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/
              >
              > 73 & yis,
              > Fred
              > K2FRD
              > --
              > ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

              Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU

              ***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged and
              please notify the Sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting
              it from your computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.
            • kr1zan@arrl.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                Take a look at: http://www.scouting.org/international/jota.html
                Toward bottom of page is info on JOTA report and a sample report form.

                YiS, 73, Frank KR1ZAN
                Advisor, Venturer Crew 73, K5BSA
                Richardson, TX

                --- In scoutradio@y..., "Hampton, Rickey" <Rickey_Hampton@P...> wrote:
                > According to the World Radio-Scouting web site,
                > http://www.home.zonnet.nl/worldscout/, the National JOTA Organizer
                for the
                > United States, is Ray Moyer, WD8JKV, at: rmoyer@n...
                >
                > Ray? What and to whom do we need to report concerning our JOTA
                activities?

                > Rick Hampton
                > Manager, Operations Support
                > Premier CTS
                > 704-733-5476

                ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡â
                €¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                  Sorry 'bout that. I mixed up my bureaucracies. BSA doesn't have any
                  formal site for submission of JOTA reports, last I heard, but Roy
                  Moyer WD8JKV (RMoyer@...) at National appreciates a narrative
                  report of how many Scouts, Cubs, Explorers, etc. made contacts or
                  otherwise were "processed" through a JOTA station.

                  73 and YIS, Fred
                  K2FRD

                  >I have completed the ARRL report. I was under the understanding there was a
                  >BSA report to be filed as well.
                  >
                  >In a message dated 11/8/01 11:49:42 AM Central Standard Time,
                  >thefred@... writes:
                  >

                  >> >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send
                  >> it.
                  >> >
                  >> >Clay WA6LBU
                  >>
                  >> http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/
                  >>
                  >> 73 & yis,
                  >> Fred
                  >> K2FRD
                  >> --
                  >> ýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý
                  >

                  >Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU
                  >
                  >"You have to operate everyday as if the whole world were listening, because
                  >these days, it is." - The FCC's Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH
                  >
                  >Check out the UK Radio-Scouting page here at Yahoo!Groups.
                  >
                  >Now that you've got new licensees in your unit, why not have them
                  >subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth

                  >Visit the "Adventure Radio Society" http://www.natworld.com/ars/
                  >
                  >ScoutRadio start page:
                  >email address' - change you subscription details, etc.)
                  >
                  >Post message: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com

                  ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
                  Fred Stevens, K2FRD
                  Our Website has changed location. Check out:

                  Please visit Otschodela Council (Boy Scouts) Amateur Radio Group's Homesite:
                  http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
                  Or, VO2/K2FRD's 2001 Labrador DXpedition Page:
                  http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrdx.htm
                  Or, K2FRD's personal Page:
                  http://www.ascent.net/thefred/K2FRD.htm
                  LABRADOR PICTURES ARE IN! Click for 1st page
                  (compressed for fast download)
                  http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrpics1.htm
                • Richard A. Blank
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                    You can get it directly from the Boy Scouts of America's web page.  In fact, this link will take you to the sample form.

                     http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota-samp.pdf

                    Here is some of the info that the BSA has on their site:

                    Brief reports are requested. Download the sample report
                    format on this fact sheet. This report should include:

                         Unit number and local council name and number
                         Amateur call used
                         Calls heard and worked
                         Number of participants
                         Interesting incidents and exchanges, etc.
                         Photos with captions (small group, Scout at mike)

                    Send reports and photos to the JOTA coordinator at the BSA
                    national office address no later than November 30, 2001.
                    These reports will be used to prepare a United States report
                    that is sent to the World Scout Bureau.

                    73, Rick WB3BSA

                  • RStone1221@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                      The attachment sent in the JOTA reports information
                      is an advertisement and a waste of my time to download it, unzip it, and look
                      at it.

                      I enjoy getting only "scout" and "radio" information from the scoutradio
                      group.
                      Thank you.
                    • Richard A. Blank
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                        Clay,
                             Some are not aware of the BSA's site.  You should have received information that I sent to the list to get you to the form.  Here is the url to the BSA's full information on JOTA,  http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota.html

                        73, Rick WB3BSA