JOTA Reports

  • Alan Stumpf
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 7, 2001
      Don't Forget

      I believe the BSA HQ would like a JOTA report (in addition to the ARRL) from
      all participating stations by the end of the Nov.
      This is so a final tally can be sent to World HQ for their report.

      I know I shouldn't be talking about forgetting because homework may stop me
      from reporting this year. It would be helpful if we could email the reports
      in instead of snail mail.

      73

      Alan Stumpf, KB3DHC
      KB3DHC@...
      http://pages.prodigy.net/aws69/
      Junior Robert Morris College/University
      BS Information Science
      Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 377
      Greater Pittsburgh Council
      Enda Lechauhanne 57 | >>===>===> |
      Poam Aptonen
      2001 Boy Scout Jamboree
      Troop 525 3rd Assistant Scoutmaster
      Contingent Hometown News Correspondent Coordinator
      North Hills Amateur Radio Club
      JOTA Committee Chair
    • Fred Stevens K2FRD
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
        I concur with Alan's comments. From what I understand, only about
        4000 JOTA contacts in the USA were reported last year. I believe that
        JOTA in the US is being seriously under-reported with those operators
        working out of their homes or other non-camporee locations not
        reporting at all. Telling this to this List is probably preaching to
        the choir, but all of us should make an effort to contact other
        operators known to have participated in JOTA to implore them to
        submit a report. Information/reports should be submitted to:
        http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/ .

        73, Fred
        K2FRD

        --
        ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
        Fred Stevens, K2FRD

        Please visit Otschodela Council (Boy Scouts) Amateur Radio Group's Homesite:
        http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
        Or, VO2/K2FRD's 2001 Labrador DXpedition Page:
        http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrdx.htm
        Or, K2FRD's personal Page:
        http://www.ascent.net/thefred/K2FRD.htm
        LABRADOR PICTURES ARE IN! Click for 1st page
        (compressed for fast download)
        http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrpics1.htm
      • ClayWA6LBU@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
          Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send it.

          Clay WA6LBU
        • Fred Stevens K2FRD
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
            >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send it.
            >
            >Clay WA6LBU

            http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/

            73 & yis,
            Fred
            K2FRD
            --
            ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
              I have completed the ARRL report. I was under the understanding there was a
              BSA report to be filed as well.

              In a message dated 11/8/01 11:49:42 AM Central Standard Time,
              thefred@... writes:

              > >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send
              > it.
              > >
              > >Clay WA6LBU
              >
              > http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/
              >
              > 73 & yis,
              > Fred
              > K2FRD
              > --
              > ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

              Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU

              "You have to operate everyday as if the whole world were listening, because
              these days, it is." - The FCC's Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH
            • Hampton, Rickey
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                According to the World Radio-Scouting web site,
                http://www.home.zonnet.nl/worldscout/, the National JOTA Organizer for the
                United States, is Ray Moyer, WD8JKV, at: rmoyer@....

                Ray? What and to whom do we need to report concerning our JOTA activities?

                Rick Hampton
                Manager, Operations Support
                Premier CTS
                704-733-5476

                thefred@... writes:

                > >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to
                send
                > it.
                > >
                > >Clay WA6LBU
                >
                > http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/
                >
                > 73 & yis,
                > Fred
                > K2FRD
                > --
                > ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡

                Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU

                ***Note:The information contained in this message may be privileged and
                please notify the Sender immediately by replying to the message and deleting
                it from your computer. Thank you. Premier Inc.
              • kr1zan@arrl.net
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                  Take a look at: http://www.scouting.org/international/jota.html
                  Toward bottom of page is info on JOTA report and a sample report form.

                  YiS, 73, Frank KR1ZAN
                  Advisor, Venturer Crew 73, K5BSA
                  Richardson, TX

                  --- In scoutradio@y..., "Hampton, Rickey" <Rickey_Hampton@P...> wrote:
                  > According to the World Radio-Scouting web site,
                  > http://www.home.zonnet.nl/worldscout/, the National JOTA Organizer
                  for the
                  > United States, is Ray Moyer, WD8JKV, at: rmoyer@n...
                  >
                  > Ray? What and to whom do we need to report concerning our JOTA
                  activities?

                  > Rick Hampton
                  > Manager, Operations Support
                  > Premier CTS
                  > 704-733-5476

                  ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡â
                  €¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡â€¡

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                    Sorry 'bout that. I mixed up my bureaucracies. BSA doesn't have any
                    formal site for submission of JOTA reports, last I heard, but Roy
                    Moyer WD8JKV (RMoyer@...) at National appreciates a narrative
                    report of how many Scouts, Cubs, Explorers, etc. made contacts or
                    otherwise were "processed" through a JOTA station.

                    73 and YIS, Fred
                    K2FRD

                    >I have completed the ARRL report. I was under the understanding there was a
                    >BSA report to be filed as well.
                    >
                    >In a message dated 11/8/01 11:49:42 AM Central Standard Time,
                    >thefred@... writes:
                    >

                    >> >Where can get information on what BSA wants in a report and where to send
                    >> it.
                    >> >
                    >> >Clay WA6LBU
                    >>
                    >> http://www.arrl.org/ead/jotalog/
                    >>
                    >> 73 & yis,
                    >> Fred
                    >> K2FRD
                    >> --
                    >> ýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýýý
                    >

                    >Clay Mayrose, WA6LBU
                    >
                    >"You have to operate everyday as if the whole world were listening, because
                    >these days, it is." - The FCC's Riley Hollingsworth, K4ZDH
                    >
                    >Check out the UK Radio-Scouting page here at Yahoo!Groups.
                    >
                    >Now that you've got new licensees in your unit, why not have them
                    >subscibe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ScoutRadioYouth

                    >Visit the "Adventure Radio Society" http://www.natworld.com/ars/
                    >
                    >ScoutRadio start page:
                    >email address' - change you subscription details, etc.)
                    >
                    >Post message: scoutradio@yahoogroups.com

                    ‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡‡
                    Fred Stevens, K2FRD
                    Our Website has changed location. Check out:

                    Please visit Otschodela Council (Boy Scouts) Amateur Radio Group's Homesite:
                    http://www.ascent.net/thefred/ocarg.htm
                    Or, VO2/K2FRD's 2001 Labrador DXpedition Page:
                    http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrdx.htm
                    Or, K2FRD's personal Page:
                    http://www.ascent.net/thefred/K2FRD.htm
                    LABRADOR PICTURES ARE IN! Click for 1st page
                    (compressed for fast download)
                    http://www.ascent.net/thefred/labrpics1.htm
                  • Richard A. Blank
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                      You can get it directly from the Boy Scouts of America's web page.  In fact, this link will take you to the sample form.

                       http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota-samp.pdf

                      Here is some of the info that the BSA has on their site:

                      Brief reports are requested. Download the sample report
                      format on this fact sheet. This report should include:

                           Unit number and local council name and number
                           Amateur call used
                           Calls heard and worked
                           Number of participants
                           Interesting incidents and exchanges, etc.
                           Photos with captions (small group, Scout at mike)

                      Send reports and photos to the JOTA coordinator at the BSA
                      national office address no later than November 30, 2001.
                      These reports will be used to prepare a United States report
                      that is sent to the World Scout Bureau.

                      73, Rick WB3BSA

                    • RStone1221@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                        The attachment sent in the JOTA reports information
                        is an advertisement and a waste of my time to download it, unzip it, and look
                        at it.

                        I enjoy getting only "scout" and "radio" information from the scoutradio
                        group.
                        Thank you.
                      • Richard A. Blank
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 8, 2001
                          Clay,
                               Some are not aware of the BSA's site.  You should have received information that I sent to the list to get you to the form.  Here is the url to the BSA's full information on JOTA,  http://www.bsa.scouting.org/international/jota.html

                          73, Rick WB3BSA