Re: [scoutradio] Digest Number 220

  • Dave Colter
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2001
      Ray,
      Please don't encourage Scouts to wear this patch in lieu of the WOSM patch
      above the left pocket. This is a violation of BSA uniform policy. The
      Radio Scouting patch may only be worn on the right pocket.
      73,
      Dave Colter WA1ZCN
      Daniel Webster Council, NH

      ----- Original Message ----- > Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:27:56 -0400
      > From: ray@...
      > Subject: Jota Patch
      >
      > I've had a few folks interested in the
      > World Scouting Org patches mentioned
      > in my news item for Brunswick Maine JOTA
      > Stations. I have a couple dozen
      > remaining. $3 ea
      > A link to the image of this patch follows.
      >
      > http://www.ray.sirois.com/jota-badge.jpg
      >
      > I encourage the scouts to wear this
      > in place of the World Scouting Org
      > crest above the left pocket if they
      > participate in JOTA.
      >
      > Afterall JOTA is a World Scouting
      > Organization event, and for most of
      > us, its the only Int'l Scouting event
      > we can participate in.
      >
      > It's larger than the World Scouting
      > Org crest, and a little smaller than
      > most standard temporary patches
      > typically seen on right pocket.
      >
      > 73, Ray Sirois N1RY
      > Club call: WJ0TA
      >
      > Suggest you email me to let me know
      > how many to put aside for you.
      > Mail = call book address.

    • Carter J Wood
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 23, 2001
        You're right Dave - it is a temporary patch - but a
        NICE one. I ordered two (keep one & wear one).

        http://personals.yahoo.com