WJOTA/1 Brunswick Maine USA

  • ray@sirois.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2001
      From: Self <ray@...>
      To: @...
      Subject: JOTA Brunswick
      Date sent: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 23:47:51 -0400

      1. WJOTA Brunswick Maine Schedule
      Sat Oct 20
      8:30 EDT am set-up station and antennas
      Station Operation
      9:00 - 3:00 EDT or later if conditions are good
      People in the class plus other scouts/families
      come + go as they wish.

      Pre-arranged groups scheduled for
      1 hour each
      1:00pm 20 Cubs +/- from Falmouth (Tony Rioux) and
      2:00pm 10 BoyScouts from Moosehead region (Linda Dubois)
      An introduction to Ham Radio and JOTA
      is planned, then some contacts. Members
      of the class may be operating during this time
      as well if hf conditions are good.

      ((Sun Oct 21 we'll be resting and probably operating
      from Home in Harrison with 8yr old son Nick,
      or doing whatever he'd like to do! HI ))

      2. Directions to Pilgrim House
      at corner of Cleaveland and Maine, Brunswick

      Take Maine Street from Adroscoggin River/Rte 1
      end towards Bowdoin College, follow thru several
      lights thru the down town area businesses.
      Take a left at the big First Parish Church
      at top of hill (at edge of Bowdoin College).
      Take left at light onto Federal St.
      Take left at Cleaveland St. Watch for
      Parking Lot on right at "Pilgrim House"

      3. Patches & Awards

      a. I have a few "cool"
      International JOTA Patches
      see file attachment for image
      (by the World Scouting Organization)
      "Radio Scouting" patches are available from
      Ray Sirois ($3/ea + $1 shipping for the bunch)
      These can be worn permanently above the left pocket
      for participating in any World Scouting Organization
      event... This patch contains the WSO Crest
      as part of the Radio Scouting logo.

      b. 44th JOTA Patches (BSA)
      are available from JOTA
      S221, 1325 West Walnut Hill Lane
      PO Box 152079, Irving TX 75015-2079
      ($3.25 + ME sales tax)
      See http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/jota.html
      These can be worn on right "temp" pocket

      c. ARRL First Contact Certificates
      can be printed in COLOR on any paper from
      the attached file. The boys really
      like getting these too.
      FREE you can make/print your own!

      4. WJ0TA station description:
      4.1 40 ft tower with Cushcraft A3S w/ Icom 706mkIIG 100w
      4.2 10 m Dipole w/ Yaesu 890AT 100w on Solar Power
      we'll also have a "tuner", "SWR Meter" and a "dummy load"
      in line for practice/demonstration of those components
      4.3 2m whip FM 50w 146.88 KQ1L /R system +
      147.09 for York County Contact at some point in the day

      5. We'll be trying to make domestic
      contacts with JOTA Stations we know about in Maine
      thru the KQ1L /r linked repeater system
      eg:
      Piscataquis area, KB1EIW, KB1EIX N1KGS
      Belgrade Lakes Maine, N1KAT & company
      Wiscasset Maine, K2LOT & company
      Camp Bomazeen, N1NPJ & company
      As well as many other domestic BSA stations

      6. We also hope to work a lot of DX
      overseas. Last year we were FB into Europe
      with the PAWA's HF Beam antenna and 100w.

      7. The following link should DEFINATELY be consulted
      for Standard JOTA Frequencies around the world,
      3rd party traffic allowed countries,
      as well as much more information, which I choose
      not to duplicate in this email!!!! Please read!
      http://www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/scouthbk/ii.html

      73, and For more info:

      Ray Sirois, N1RY
      583-4803
      ray@...

    • rhiller@sysdev.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 18, 2001
        Roy,

        Interested in your International JOTA Patches but could not find an image.  I'd like to get a few but could you send me an image?

        Send it to both e-mail addresses as I will not be at work tomorrow...Thanks...Rick.....W5RH

        rhiller@...,  nexus15@...