44th Jamboree-on-the-Air

  • Richard A. Blank
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2001
      Hello,
      Venturing Crew 599 and the SPARK Lodge Amateur Radio Club, will
      again this year participate in the Annual Jamboree-on-the-Air. We will
      be operating from our home location at Camp Delmont on the Musser Scout
      Reservation. We will primarily be on the air on Saturday October 20,
      from 13:00 UTC to 18:00 UTC, however QSO’s at other times may be
      possible.
      Our Venturing Crew members will be at the mike, key, keyboard,
      helping Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Explorers and other Venturers get on the
      air this weekend during JOTA. They will be operating 80-meters through
      the 70-centimeter bands using the call K3BSA, using voice FM and SSB,
      CW, and packet. Every will attempt to be on the worldwide packet
      converse on channel 599 if we are able to get connected. We will also
      be listening to the Philadelphia, PA IRLP Node #476 N3IO on 443.100
      Saturday from 13:00 UTC to 21:00 UTC. IRLP stands for Internet Radio
      Linking Project. We may also try out PSK-31 and SSTV if we have time.
      The Venturers of Venturing Crew 599 are young adults who are
      interested in amateur radio and computers. It is sponsored by the SPARK
      Lodge Amateur Radio Club. SPARK club membership is comprised of Cub
      Scouts, Boy Scouts, Venturers, and Scouters all with an interest in
      amateur radio. Our club call sign is K3BSA. You may visit our web site
      at http://www.k3bsa.org You will be able to see pictures of our camp
      station at Camp Delmont. Camp Delmont is one of four camps on the
      Musser Scout Reservation in Marlborough Township in Montgomery County
      Pennsylvania. Montgomery County is in southeastern Pennsylvania near
      Philadelphia. The closest towns near the camp are Sumneytown, Green
      Lane and Red Hill. The name of our cabin is SPARK Lodge, which one of
      our members thought up and all agreed that it was an appropriate name
      given the acronym reference to Scouts Practicing Amateur Radio
      Knowledge.
      If you are in the Philadelphia Metropolitan are, please accept this
      invitation to stop by SPARK to get in on all of the fun and action of
      talking to other Scouts your age around the World. Hope to hear you on
      the air this JOTA weekend.

      73,
      Yours’ in Scouting and Venturing,
      Richard A. Blank, SPARK JOTA Coordinator
      Chartered Organization Representative & Committee Chair, Ham Radio
      Venturing Crew 599
      Secretary, SPARK Lodge Amateur Radio Club